• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM }

We're all drawn toward what's beautiful & broken
    Maus watched the silver grulla colt tumble in slow motion. She saw the way his eyes widened with fear as he felt his feet landing on the nothingness that he expected to be the ground. The way his lanky legs flopped and splayed out as he skidded to halt between the two behemoths. If she hadn't known better, the grulla minx would have sworn the babies long legs had become knotted together durning his fall. Mostly though, to her sheer horror, Maus noticed the peculiarities of the two stallions he fell between. One of them  was trimmed in a dark green, the other obviously bore a pair of jet black wings. She watches at what seems to be agonizingly slow pace, as the green pointed stud lowers his nose to greet the child. A memory pools within her mind causing her heart to thump fearfully against her chest. Even though she didn't know these two beasts, the only thing she sees is Lokii, trickster who had caused her irrational fear of anything even remotely magical.

Even though grulla minx would have much rather run forward to herd her babe away from the two stallions, she mustard every fiber of self-control she possible could to force herself to walk calmly towards them. The last she thing needed was to start a fight with two magically inclined stallions (she, at this point doesn't know/realize that not everyone has a mental ability) that she'd have no way of winning. The distance seemed to take her years to cover but she reached the trio just as another stallion stepped up. Maus lets out a silent sigh of relief. At least this new stallion had no physical traits, that was a good thing, right?

"I'm terribly sorry." she says as her chipped and battered hooves bring her body to a halt. "Sometimes he gets ahead of himself." she adds in her Russian accent as she turns her attention to the colt who still lay at the stallions feet. "Come child, come here." She says to the silver grulla foal, her eyes pleading with him to return to her side. Pitch had other ideas. He had seen oddly colored horses and horses that  physical traits, but only from afar. His Mother had made sure to skirt around them just far enough where he couldn't really see them. Ever the poster child for that famous slogan, curiosity had him gripped in wide eyed fascination. 

"Mother! Look!" the child exclaims excitedly as he climbs to his feet. "They are different." He adds, his accent matching his mothers.  Reaching his small blackened maw out he allows his velvety soft nose to gently touch the forest green knee of the stallion before him. "I want to be different like them." He says in a small awed voice. The words chilled Maus to the bone. "Pitch!" she says in a scolding tone. "Come here." her voice was stern in the way only a mothers could be. Ducking his small head downward, the silver grulla child obediently returns to her side, his ears half pinned in an apologetic way. "I can not apologize enough for my son." She says as she turns her attention back to the trio of stallions. "I'm Maus. This is Pitch." she adds. She wanted nothing more than to herd her son away from them and back to the safety of their little thicket but she wasn't about to provoke them.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM } - by Maus - 09-21-2016, 04:41 PM