• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The New Land
    The two horses arrive crossing the borders to Taiga. The black mare looks at the spooky forest with awe. Big tall trunks grown by each other as a horse wide. Pine needles shakes around as the wind blew the branches of the trees. The wind made a howling and moaning sound as if it were alive. Fog surrounded the forest creeping around like a predator stalking its prey.  With each hoof step, a crunching noise made from the layers of dried pine needles on the ground.

The black mare began to grow nervous and stayed close to the spotted eyeless stallion. Estella could hear her own heart pounding. "T-this place kinda look a little creepy." She spoke nervously. "Are we close to your herd yet?" The mare asked.

@[demian]
    Jinju
    Although it still wasn’t very warm, every day was becoming less and less cold. The snow was still there, but it was slowing less and less. Jinju couldn’t really say that she minded it, as she already longed for the spring and summer that would soon come. Never before had she experienced winter, the Jungle never got too cold. Her coat hadn’t been able to keep her warm in these temperatures, that was what the scarf was for. Pretty green and wrapped lightly around her neck, all due to Reagan’s magic.

The green was in contrast with her eyes, emerald and ruby didn’t mix that well together – except for Christmas of course – but her coal black coat neutralized it somewhat. It are her red eyes that curiously look at the stranger, the newcomer, standing somewhat hidden against a tree. The Taiga didn’t provide just as much shelter as the Jungle had, but Jinju was slowly getting more and more used to it. The forest was still better than an open field, after all.

Glancing to the side she made sure that either Ruan or Reagan – her proclaimed uncle and aunt – were still near. Ever since the change she had become afraid of being alone. Or no, that wasn’t the right way to put it, it was more like she was afraid to lose someone dear again. Losing a mother twice was already hard enough for the young girl. Tilting her head a bit to the side she studies the tall black mare, before her eyes drift to the eyeless stallion. He wasn’t unfamiliar to her, but she was. ”Creepy?” she repeats after the stranger, not totally understanding why she would think of the Taiga as that. With speaking out loud she had also given herself away, eyes casting down and stepping back a little, causing the snow underneath her hooves to crackle.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me joining? ^^
    The black shire mare looks at the young black mare. She smiled and approached her, "Hello. Don't be shy. My name is Estella." Estella looks at the mare red eyes. They almost look like red rubies to her. "Your eyes are pretty. You are lucky you got pretty eyes. I'm sure someday those pretty eyes will attract a stallion heart." She smiled again. Estella notice Demian walking pass them. "Gotta go, dear. And nice to meet you. Hey wait up!" Estella run to the eyeless stallion to catch up with him.

OOC: I don't mind. And sorry for the late reply.

@[demian]

@[Jinju]
    Jinju
    It was easier said than done, to not be shy that is. Upon hearing the mare’s voice, even though she sounded gentle, she flinches and presses herself further against the tree. Sadly enough it didn’t help her hiding, unlike the Jungle’s vegetation had done. ”I’m Jinju..” she mutters softly. Jinju flusters even more as the tall mare compliments her, speaking about luck and pretty eyes and attracting males. The meaning of those words is unknown to her, as she still was unfamiliar of love. Yes, Jinju loved, but the love you have for you parents was something entirely different than the love of your life. ”Uh.. Thank you..” she mumbles shyly, trying to be polite like she thought she should be.

She cannot help it but to be surprised when the two walk past her. Demian knew her, or at least, he would recognize her as one of the residents, but what is even more strange is that the mare brushes past her into the Taiga without really as much expecting the girl to follow. It was her home too and it was strange for a young child to venture out alone, so why wouldn’t they expect, and ask her, to come with them?

Jinju follows nonetheless, staying somewhat behind them and trying to hide in the Taiga’s shadows. The pair had sparked her curiosity somewhat, but either way she probably should go back to either Ruan or Reagan, before they would be worried due to her sudden disappearance.

OOC: Taz is on away, but feel free to start a new thread in the Taiga to meet other residents ^^
    It is a long trip from the field to the Tiaga, but not an exhausting one and for a while he walks in silence, listening to the mare and occasionally responding with lighthearted conversation. It has been ages since the jaguar spotted stallion had been able to socialize and properly at that and so he was once again learning how to warm up to those he didn't necessarily know. "It's not that bad, I promise." His words are light and airy as he chuckles softly in response to her observation of the forested kingdom. "It gets better when it is lighter and there are so many wonderful creatures and then the residents are even better." At least he liked to think so... For the group he had discovered the Taiga alongside were such wonderful and amazing personalities and independent minds that he admired each and every one of them, even the children and he had felt blessed to be among them when they approached the faeries for acceptance to travel into the mists and discover a place where they could grow and raise their own families safely and without threat of harm.

It is when Jinju's small voice travels through the silent air that he comes to a stop, ears pricked and with gentle care he turns his head in the direction of her voice. "Jinju? Is that--" he is cut off by Estella who comes off welcoming and encourages the small filly towards them and for a moment he is smiling, his lips turning upwards at the corners as he listens to the dark mare's words. A silent chuckle tickles the back of his throat as he senses the building awkwardness from Jinju and for a while he simply listens until Estella begins to press forward, for a moment he steps with her before realizing that she intends to leave the small girl behind and with a snort he comes to a stop, his head turning back to the other. "I --- We will not forget you little one, feel free to join us up here. I don't want you back there on your own." He steps to the side carefully, allowing space between him and Estella for the girl to slip through. "Jinju is one of the fillies that helped us to discover this wonderful place we call home. She is a very brave girl and without her we might not have found Taiga." Had he been able to wink to the filly he would have but instead he smiles softly as his words are more than truthful. "She is very curious, but a great joy to have around."

ooc: eep, i'm here! sorry for the wait! <3
    "Oh I didn't know." Estella spoke feeling guilty about the young one. She look around as she follows Damien with Jinju following behind. "Hey, Damien. I hope you don't mind me asking. But where are her parents?" The mare spoke with worry. She felt sympathy for the young filly.

@[Jinju]

@[demian]
    Jinju
    She could only wholeheartedly agree with what Damien said. Even though she still shied away from most adults, all those she had met had been nothing but kind to her. Why they were, was something Jinju didn’t understand, because if she deserved their kindness, why had her mother left her? But whenever those thoughts plagued her, there were also aunt Reagan and uncle Ruan’s voices telling her otherwise. And to Jinju they were the perfect example that proved Damien’s spoken words.

Still a bit nervous and unsure she glances towards Damien. He was a sight to behold, but since he was something she knew – and she knew Reagan and Ruan trusted him – she found some comfort in his presence. It was not that Estella was unkind, but to Jinju she was quite overwhelming. What is even more confusing it she way she’s left behind. Well, until Damien calls out to her, effectively inviting her to come out of hiding. Not that the inky black girl finds it very comfortable to walk out in the open, but at least she wasn’t left behind.

The shelter that both tall figures offer is a fine alternative. This time it are Damien’s words that fluster her and after shyly meeting his gaze and receive the wink, she casts her ruby eyes down to look at the suddenly interesting ground. Aunt Reagan had brought her to the Taiga, but if that counted as helping discover it? However, her strain of thoughts gets disturbed by Estella’s question. ”I.. I don’t have them. Or, no, my mother was taken from me..” …before another left me to be. Ruan and Reagan sort of counted as her parents, but Jinju was not yet ready to refer to them as such.

OOC: I prefer it to not get tagged, but feel free to PM me if I'm slow to reply!