• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm falling to pieces [Eight]
    Ashley weighs the words that Eight throws his way. It almost as if he has gone into receptive mode, allowing the old buckskin to rattle on about his own history, and yet there was not much to say about the one born of old dark blood. He tilted his head, and took a slight step back, giving forethought to his words, weighing their importance. What does one say to a former King of Night? “Would you say you’d ever go back? To the way you were? Or are you content to remain as you are? You do not seem to crave the power that you once held.”

And was that true? There always seemed more than met the eye where Eight was concerned. History has a way of only telling one side of the story, and it still remains, that Ashley was aware of the history of his days, and yet the last 100 years—give or take—had been completely erased from his scope of vision. Without his abilities to discern the comings and goings of history and of mind reading, he only had face value to contend with—and that was about as useless as a cork screw and an empty bottle. With someone who once held so much, and now was left with so little—you learn to never accept what you are told entirely.

Keeping this in mind, Ashley flicked his ears to take in the last words of the old King as he reached back to his rump to nip the salt out of his pelt. Using his nose to straighten out the fur there, he turns back to his companion, and levels him with amber eyes that held a silent amber glow. “My loyalties lie with country first and foremost. I have followed Ea north, to be of whatever help I can to her. How about you? Do you seek yourself a new kingdom?”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-07-2016, 04:03 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 09:10 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 11:49 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 03:39 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 06:07 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM