• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm falling to pieces [Eight]
    An angry laugh escapes Ashley’s own mouth as he takes in Eight’s quip. “No, I cannot say that it has ever been this bad. That is exactly what I told one of yours, I believe. Gunsynd was his name.” He took in the shadows that were being casted by the two men as they stood there, almost stuck in a timewarp. Time said they should have died long ago, life and love said they should have stuck with their families, and yet, Eight is absolutely correct, you’re born, you live, and you die.

Except if you are born of magic.

Those with their blood have their children, and will ultimately outlive them. They will never dip their head to touch the mortal realm, no matter what the world throws at them. Once you have touched power, there really is no going back, except to feel the loss of what used to be. And Ashley found that he regretted many of his actions from the days way back when—the wars, the invasions, what had they been for? He had birthed his kids and fought for his family, and they had all either died or betrayed him anyway. All for the sake of a power that could not be theirs unless they were born of his blood. And only two more, to his recollection, had been. It had been one of those two who had done this to him, and thus was also responsible—by extension—for why he was as he is now.

“Once and always of the land to which I was birthed. As are you, I’m sure, once and forever of the Valley. As to why I’m back… blame Charlemagne. Being born out of Stasis of the limestone statue she cast me in—the magic drained away, and I collapsed onto the Beach as if it had been a rebirth. And I woke up…”he coughs, looking over his body. “…like this.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-07-2016, 04:03 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 09:10 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 11:49 AM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-08-2016, 03:39 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Eight - 09-08-2016, 06:07 PM
    RE: I'm falling to pieces [Eight] - by Ashley - 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM