• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shattered into ash [offspring]
    all that we have amassed sits before us, shattered into ash
    She is wary about bringing her young daughter on a diplomatic mission, but she has no one to leave the girl with, and oh so many things left to do. The winds of change have been blowing something fierce over the past few weeks since Beqanna has turned the tables on them, and there has been a flurry of activity quite unlike any other. She has heard whisperings of team-ups, of new faces appearing, and of old faces reappearing, though of the old faces she doesn’t know quite if she should believe it or not. One of those old faces has been gone for so long that rightfully he should be dead.

Rhaenyra has grown strong in her few weeks of life, and already she is a force to be reckoned with, much like her older brother. She holds no powers of her own, but maybe Beqanna has stripped her of them like she has everyone else—all she has is a small, sharp black horn adorning her forehead, and Cress has a new scar to remind her of that little thing’s destructive power. Rhae herself is an energetic foal, never wanting to stop exploring, but they don’t have much to explore… yet. If some of the whispers are true… but that is what Cress is going to find out.

She has never met the former king of the Tundra face to face, but she knows of him. The word is that Eight has teamed up with him and some others, so Cress’ own personal goal is to make him her ally as well. Then perhaps she can sway the other (former, she has to reminder herself, because there is no more Valley) members of the Valley to join her and them, but only after she has spoken to Offspring. And perhaps after, even, she has spoken to a certain ghost from her past. She has goals, you see, and she desires to meet these goals.

Though she has never met him, she does recognize him. He has a certain… way about him, a certain look. Her long golden legs carry her boldly to his side in just a few strides, and she smiles in a friendly manner. “Offspring, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” she says by way of introduction, dipping her head politely. “I am Cress, and this is my daughter Rhaenyra. We’re formerly of the Valley, and I have heard of your alliance with Eight.” She glances briefly at her daughter, who has moved several paces away to sniff at the low-hanging branch of a tree.

“I’m going to cut straight to the chase here; I would like to join you. Rhaenyra and I both. I am going to try and convince the other members of the Valley as well. I used to lead their diplomats some years past and might still hold some sway over them. Have you petitioned for a land yet?”
    cress
    oxytocin x kindling