• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i did it all... [Maribel]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    Reagan’s attention did not waver on the mountain. She had seen that Romek had indeed found his lady, and that she had been trailing behind her a set of very beautiful twin girls. Through her magic she would have known their names, their gifts, and their histories, but being somewhat mortal—thank you fairies—Reagan was stuck in new mom mode, ooing and ahing over how cute the babies were—from afar.

She had seen Maribel in all her beautiful finery, standing there next to Romek like a Queen in the making. She was glorious, and confident, and self-assured—both as a lady and as a mother. Even Reagan could not help but be impressed with her. And so she ventured forth, flipping her green-tinged hair and feeling every inch the outsider—which was not normal for this Irish lady of yesteryear—and attempted her hand at making a new friend—should God deem it so.

Reagan’s hubris had been thrown asunder with the latest trip up to the summit, for the Fairies had all but laughed at them when they bargained for a land. Such was the hubris of the Irish lady who only wanted back in life what was hers by right. Wasn’t it?

“Hello. We did not really get a chance to speak upon the mountainside. I am Reagan. I was brought to Romek’s cause by Demian. How are you?”

@[Maribel]
    Maribel

So much was happening.

In her own death and birth of the fillies, Maribel is exhausted. Terribly exhausted. She tries hard to remain positive, a smile on her face but the girls, the changes...Mari finds herself needing to rest more and more often.

Blue eyes are watching her precious girls playing and running wildly when her gaze meets that of a gray mare. Maribel nods a greeting when the other woman nears her, shifting the weight of her hips to settle on her left. The gold of her hair tangles along the milky skin. Lobes flicker forward in friendly interest as both Arete and Alivia currently busy themselves by rolling in the dirt. Maribel stifles a soft laugh before reciprocating with her own words. "I'm Maribel...over there is Arete and Alivia." She tips her muzzle in direction of either girl. "I am glad to see you here, choosing Romek's side. I am well...a little tired...but glad to see some familiar faces as well as new ones." Mari bends her head slightly towards Reagan with a playful smile.

"We'll get through this." She speaks more to herself than really to the other woman as the light blue of her eyes watch the dirty foals now digging in the dirt like wolf pups and Mari just shakes her head with a small smile at the innocence of the pair.

And when she laughs you'll always take notice.
    'Cause her heart's charm will shine right through it all.