• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout; any
    ROMEK
    Look at them all, all burnt down to the flesh and the skin that they wore. There was nothing special about any of them anymore. The spotted stallion did not realise that this would truly be of no major consequence to himself. Other than nearly dying up on the Mountain of a sudden old age, he was not in the habit of using his traits regularly. He had hooves, and muscles, and teeth that he could depend upon. And, in time, perhaps his tiger self would come back to him, as well as his ability to make sounds, but until then, he does not truly feel all that put out. There were bigger things to worry about.

The spotted stallion finds himself in the Meadow once more, surrounded by strangers and strangers, all packed in like bees in a honeycomb. The pressing of the mists around them has kept everyone confined in this small area, for now, and the inability to get away is starting to irritate Romek. He is sure that Maribel is not around here, for he has checked again and again and again, looping back to every corner, covering every inch of ground.

She is gone, then, and he can only wait for her return. Perhaps she is taking her time crossing the darkness in the world-between-worlds. Or perhaps she was up on the Mountain still. He wondered whether his child had been born yet.

Perhaps another, not so distracted horse would’ve noticed how scared she looked, all tense and fragile and woe-is-me, but alas, Romek is stubbornly one minded.
    ”Hello. I’ve lost someone. Don’t suppose I could take a moment of your time?”
    fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout; any - by Romek - 09-04-2016, 05:23 PM