• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

troubled sea so deep; demian

You've been up and down, down, you've been low, low, low.
    There are gifts to this new world as well as the curse of being completely without my twin. It’s not all bad, even if it felt that way at first. For once, the world around me feels solid and stable and real, and I can walk through it without stumbling or getting distracted by a million flickering lights and twisting tangling threads of other.

For today, or at least for right now, I try to focus on the good.

My body feels like it fits, for the first time in my life. Solid and heavy, and my soul is firmly anchored inside it instead of wandering everywhere at a whim. So easy to move, to breathe, it doesn’t feel jagged and dissonant and wrong. For once, I enjoy the feel of my mane spilling down my neck in riotous tangles of black. The weight of my limbs is a comfort instead of a burden, and the air dragging on the light feathering at the ends is a delightful sensation instead of a distracting little annoyance.

So I walk through the meadow with a tiny smile on my face. I take a deep breath, reveling in the scent of grass and growing things, enjoying the feeling of being at home in my body for once. Even if I’m home alone.
    Troubled sea so deep, troubled home, no sleep.
    photo by Dagwanoenyent-Stock
    @[demian]