• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Risky Business-{Birthing--Koen}
    Tiana

It was all so strange to Tiana, she awoke ontop of a mountain, about ready to birth. It was painful, so painful to get to the bottom of the mountain. Other equines raced past her, it took her half a day to reach the bottom, probably because she was so pregnant, the extra weight. She never did rely on anyone, so it didn't really bother her that no one asked to help. 

Of course by the time she reached the bottom of the mountain her stomach had enough and the foal inside her was twirling around. She had stomach pains on the climb down, but once she reached the bottom it was stronger, It was enough to force her to stop in her steps. She thought about were to foal, this had to be it. She settled on the meadow, that is were she met Koen, the father. 

She hurried along and made it to the meadow right at nightfall. She gave a heavy sigh as the pain was almost unbearable, she never expected birth to be this painful. The contractions caused her to lay down and before she knew it her body was forcing her to push. It seemed like forever that she was pushing, her body was laced in sweat but before she knew it, once last push and out came a foal. He was navy blue in color, he was born with wings and a horn but WHAT!?

Right before her eyes the colts wings and horn was stripped from him, WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS GOING ON! She didn't have any traits but she knew for sure that they can't disappear like that. She frantically nudged him, lifting herself off the ground and forcing the colt to his first footsteps. Everything about him appeared fine, she was still worried but he seemed healthy. A gentle smile appeared on her maw as she gazed over him, traited or not she would love him. Albus she whispered in his ear as she cleaned him up.

Got A Feeling That I'm Going Under--But I Know That I'll Make It Out Alive

@[Koen]
    OOC: I know you have limited time, I just wanted to get something up! Don't feel pressured to reply!

To say the least his world had been turned upside down. 

It was just yesterday when he was lumbering around with Tiana, and now a few months later all has turned to complete chaos. Equine that were gifted with abilities from birth were stripped of all traits immediately, transporting them to the Mountain in order to plead for the use of a temporary trait. He of course, unlike the many cowards of Beqanna who hid behind the temporary trait of immortality he claimed the limbs that he would forever and always call his own, wings. He would rather fly about and see the world than live a miserable life forever.

So here he was. Aimlessly guiding himself down the last stretch of the Mountain, his temporary wings folded properly at his sides as he gazed down at the meadow below. Some how it seemed smaller than he remembered, trees dotted the horizon as small streams of clear liquid ran through the meadow's veins. It was if everything had moved one inch to the right, something was just off. His dark chocolate gaze circles the cliques of kingdom equine frantically gathering their comrades into a little horde. While many mares lay dormant with swollen barrels awaiting for their children to be born. 

Wait a second... Was he forgetting someone? As he reached the base of the meadow the familiar scent of Tiana mingled with blood filled his lungs. Oh that's it. His optics searched for the ebony and purple mare, he had totally blanked that she had been expecting his-their child. So with that one began to search the meadow for her gorgeous inky black build, it was almost immediately did he launch off the ground with a huge force of will his wings propelled him forwards with a gust of wind, his appendages galloped in the air as if that helped in any means to make himself faster.

As Koen grew nearer and nearer a navy lump on the ground become more and more visible. Fluttering himself back to the lush earth ever so gracefully, the gentleman cautiously strode towards her. Navy pistons driving him forwards, as his lobes perked in curiosity, "Tiana." her name escapes his lips as he came up beside her. Pressing his muzzle against her cheek and flaring his nostrils gently as he ran his velvet lips down her sweat drenched neck in a greeting. It had been long since he had seen her, too long for the matter. He should of reached out to her, he should of been there for her but he simply wasn't. He was going to make up for it. With fatherhood. "I've missed you." He husks his vocals running rather rough today, for his throat wasn't well adjusted to an immense amount of speech.

Affectionately he caressed at her purple before placing his attention upon the petite blue child that was glued to his mother's side. Moving his muscular body, the man drew closer to his boy. The nares of his nostrils flare as he intakes his son's scent. Allowing his muzzle to tussle at the little lad's forelock gently (I'm guessing Koen showed up right when Tiana named him, and overhead.) a smug grin tugged at the corners of his mouth as he spoke, "Hello Albus. I'm your father." In truth Koen was proud to be a father, he never fully stuck around for stuff like this. It was just never a commitment he was ever officially committed to. But this year he had a change of heart, he couldn't tell if it was Tiana or that fact that he had fallen in love.

May We Meet Again

Koen

OOC: Cheesy ending lol
    @[Tiana]
    Tiana

It wasn’t long until she was accompanied by Koen, she didn’t imagine she would see him again but she was glad he was here. It was almost crazy that he was able to find her after everything that happened in Beqanna, there was so many changes but he still seeked her out. He spoke her name and it caused a flutter in her chest, his voice was soothing. She was curious did he lust after her like she did him? He announced that he missed her and it forced a smile on her face I missed you too she had a gentle voice, she extended her neck to nuzzle his neck moving to gently stroke her maw over his wings he was born with a horn and wings but they disappeared…..I don’t know why her voice was frantic, why was her child striped of his traits?

He played with her mane before moving to view Albus, the colt looked up at the large stallion with wide eyes, but he wasn’t afraid. The colt was fearless already, interested in everything, as Koen played with his forelock he attempted to leap up playfully to bump noses. The stallion said that he was his father, Albus of course didn’t truly understand what that meant but it must be good? He laughed and frolicked around the two equines, full of energy.

Watching the two caused a smile to grow on Tianas face, it was so nice to have Koen around, she expected to do this alone but it seemed as though he would in fact be a part of their lives. Albus seemed happy to be with him and that was enough to make her happy I am glad you are here because in all honesty she didn’t think she would see him again.

Got A Feeling That I'm Going Under--But I Know That I'll Make It Out Alive

OOC: lol no that was the sweetest<33

Koen's attention is focused on Albus as Tiana speaks of him having wings and a horn and how his son's traits vanished into thin air. Koen's wings did the same when everything changed, life felt like a punishment. Until he pleaded to the faeries, there he was gifted with something temporary to make up for his lost trait. His gruff vocals tremor for a moment until he makes up his mind, "Tiana, I was stripped of my wings when all of the kingdoms disappeared. I pleaded the faeries and they gifted me with wings temporarily. Perhaps it's the same situation for Albus?" He pauses, outstretching one of his wings in a stretch like manner and folding it neatly back onto his side. "If so when Albus has grown he will be able to plead the faeries for something temporary."

Something led him to wonder if all the equine in Beqanna were being punished for some reason. perhaps it was mainly directed to the kingdom equine? Especially kings and queens, and magical entities. Or perhaps it was everyone, most had traits while others were ungifted, the ungifted were the pure while those with traits were corrupted. He never considered himself corrupted but, looking back he found himself to be an arrogant bastard. Now that things had changed he had finally released that the treated found themselves superior and at one point in his life he did find himself to be higher. Truthfully he deserved to be punished, along with the other equine of Beqanna.

Koen watched his son bound about playfully, his wings unfurled and spread across as he created one great flap the stallion hovered over the ground immediately. Propelling himself forwards he endorsed   Albus in some sort of chase. "I'm gonna catch you!" he joked as he fluttered after his boy at a rather moderate speed, as his limbs seemed to drag behind him in a rather ridiculous manner. 

May We Meet Again

Koen

Agh crap. I don't even know what this is.
    @[Tiana]