• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i pretend i'm burning bright; spear + spark
    They are more than content to poke and prod at her. Touch to them, is as familiar as heartbeats and breaths, because that is how Scalped raised them - touch and learn, and they learn that Lily’s red hair is soft, and should maybe be burning but the fire is gone from her skin and her spirit, and they grieve a little for her loss. Especially as she tells Spear that she prefers her fire to the wings, and his lips climb up her neck to press against her cheek in a tender kiss. “I’m sorry Lily,” he breathes against her black skin, the words barely more than a murmur.

Spark looks at him from over Lily’s back; she’s never seen him be so affectionate or caring towards another. Not that she thought him incapable of it, just that it shocked her a little to find him so moved by Lily’s uncertainty of her wings. But then, Spear was as much his own creature as she was hers, for all that they were twins and shared in everything.

They both step back and give her space; their eyes are watchful, curious, as she flaps her wings and hops around. Eventually she manages a choppy flight and they can see that the trees are problematic but Lily’s determined, and they cheer her own with happy cries of delight and directions to avoid this tree or that one. Then she lands, and okay, it’s not all that graceful but she looks rather tired as she hurries over to them. They crowd around her again, running their noses all over her neck and back, up and down her legs to make sure she’s not hurt herself during her first attempt at flying.

“That was awesome!” Spear crows, far too excited for his friend.
    Spark laughs, “It looked like fun, was it fun?”

Spear & Spark

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i pretend i'm burning bright; spear + spark - by Spear + Spark - 09-10-2016, 09:52 AM