• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stranger in a strange land..(Akkadian, Any)
    - Jord -
    Jord

It was almost as if Jords head had been spun as the earth suddenly jutted up into the sky, forming a ginormous mountain. It took a lot for something to make her pistons tremble as this had. She shook her skull trying to remember what was happening right before all of this madness. Akkadian.. She had finally caught up with him again.. As soon as she spoke to him the world seamed to erupt in anger.

She inhaled the thin mountain air.. it almost didn't seam like enough to fill her lungs. Her hazel orbs looked toward the field at the very bottom of the tall rocky mountain. Her ebony banner whipped in the wind. Her pistons shook a bit beneath her as she took slow steps on the rocky mountain side, slowly making her way down. With each step she would walk gingerly to not fall. Stepping forward then putting a little bit of weight on her front hoof to see if it would hold her. Suddenly as she stepped forward it was almost as if her pistons crumbled beneath her weight as one of the rocks gave way. She tumbled.. hard. Her orbs closed in pain. Thankfully she came to a stop on a little jut of a plateau. She laid there for a few minutes.. unconscious.  When she came to she made  sure she was in one piece. Her body seamed to pulse.. scrapes and gouges from the rocks speckled her hide. Thankfully only a few drew blood; some would probably bruise, she would be sore. She was scared to continue on.  Jord had never injured herself before, even as a child during the war of her homeland. She tried her best to hold in the floodgates of tears that pooled in her orbs. She didn't want to be weak yet also didn't want to be alone. "AKKADIAN!" she cried out. The sound of her pained vocals echoed only faintly against the mountains.. as the area was vast. She sat there.. feeling broken.

Why had the spirits forsaken her like this, she just found her brother, just finally had a new home.. and now it was all gone. The tundra.. gone. Her new friends.. Igni.. Offspring.. missing. Akkadian.. gone. What she would do to have all of that back. Jord closed her eyes.. I've got to make it to the bottom...    To flat ground. I'll die up here on the mountain if I don't. She thought. She laid there for a few moments.. before she slowly folded her pistons up under her and ever so slowly came to a standing position. She took a deep breath.. wincing. The pain was almost too much for her. All she could think of was her brother and the war he fought in. Was the the type of pain he went through. It broke her heart that he had to go through such a thing.. 

Once more with even more caution and a much slower pace Jord did her best to trudge on one step at a time. It seamed like hours before she made it to the bottom. The second she stepped onto solid ground her body collapsed. She just wanted to lay there. Maybe he would find her.. rescue her.  Maybe ANYONE would find her. She didn't like these feelings. She soon realized she had a strange energy flowing though her, maybe the gods and spirits before her had given her some of this 'magic' that Igni had spoken of from the past. Its power almost made her feel sick at first but the tingling eventually went away and just subsided into the pain of her wounds. She laid there tending to the cuts and scrapes the best she could. Jord laid her head down on the ground, tears gently streaming our of her orbs, blood soaking parts of her bodice. She wanted to rest. She wanted to be next to her brother and to feel safe. She didn't like this new land. And the dangerous mystery it held.

— find what you love and let it kill you —

Ever since Magnus had made it his mind up that he would do his best to help those around him lost and confused and hurt following the shake up, he had not stopped moving. He hunted through the meadow for those who had once called the Gates home; he hunted through the Forest, searching for anyone who was in distress. His muscles ached from all of the traveling, but he continued to push himself, well past the point of exhaustion. His coat was slick with sweat and his breaths were deep as he galloped from the meadow to the field, his stride eating up the familiar path as he powered through the grass and weeds.

When he breeched the border of the familiar land, he felt a pang in his heart, remembering all the times he had found his way here. Hunting amongst the bodies and helping guide them onto the next chapter of his life. Even coming here to find his own purpose when it felt like he had nowhere else to turn. Looking out on it now, it was clear that the energy was different. There was a fear and confusion that settled into the crevices of the land; it permeated the space of everyone—causing their mouths to thin and eyes to darken.

It was the quiet sound of crying that caught his attention though, and he whipped his head around to try and find the source of it. When he saw her, lying there, he pivoted. His stride was long, urgent, but he slowed as he neared her so as to not scare her. Dropping his head down, he took inventory of her quietly, noting the scrapes and the bruises. “Are you okay?” he asked gently, his whiskey-voice quiet in the silence that suddenly reigned in the area around them. “The trek down the mountain was not an easy one.”

magnus

could not help myself!
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jords hazel orbs opened slowly as she saw a blury figure run toward her slowly lifting her skull. She shook her skull gently, trying to ignore her pain. As the stallion before her spoke she noticed he looked slightly familiar.. maybe she was crazy thought. The trek down the mountain is not an easy one... He said, Jord couldn't help but smirk. You're telling me. She said slowly shifting her dark heavy pistons up underneath her and shakily getting back to her feet; to a standing position. She lowered her head kindly to the stag, the first equine to come to her rescue. I will be okay in time.. Jord said softly. Her vocals warm and beautiful, yet contained a underlining wisper of fear.. especially after what she had just been through. Her orbs scanned over the stag momentarily, he was rather handsome.. strong looking, kind-hearted from what she could tell. Jord shook her head again before taking a step back and bowing a deeply as she could without pain..

My name is Jord.. She said a gentle smile breezed across her maw. She then lifted her head and took a moment to lick at one of her wounds, wincing a bit at the pain, but she figured that was better than it getting infected. You look like you came out of all of this unscathed. Lucky you. She said softly, not meaning to offend. Not only have I cut myself all to hell, I've lost my brother, my new home, my friends.. her vocals cracked softly trying not to get upset in front of this gentleman. I'm just alone.. She thought to herself. What about you? who are you? How did you make it down here so carefully? Jord spoke, giving a slight chuckle at her last question. Her black banner and tassel waved gently in the spring breeze as she did her best to stand there, her orbs softly watching the brute before her.

Was it easy for him?

In some ways, he supposes that it was; after all, outwardly, he was unscathed. There was no bruises to mar his knees or lacerations on his flesh. He was slick with sweat but physically fine—the exertion of finding his way down the mountain and searching for others enough to awaken him, the adrenaline pumping through his veins. As she stood up, he moved instinctually over, offering support to the injured mare.

He smiled kindly at her, his lips scarred and the smile crooked but warm. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Jord,” he offered. “Although I do wish that it had been under slightly different circumstances.” He wished that all of this was under different circumstances; that the Gates was still there, that the jungle cats still ran wildly beneath the vines. He did not miss the magic, had never truly tapped into it, but he did miss the familiar thrum of life in Beqanna. This new tempo was frantic and fearful and completely alien to him.

“My name is Magnus.” He laughed gently at her remark, not offended in the slightest. “I would like to say that I was careful, but the truth is that I was just lucky and found an easy path.” Not the easiest path, but he didn’t say as much, not interested in drawing comparisons. At her assertion about her family, his mouth pulled into a frown, concern etching itself onto his features. “I am truly sorry to hear that, Jord. Would you like for us to go look for them? I am sure that we would be able to find them together.” After all, he wasn’t about ready to just let her wander off on her own—not when she still carried these injuries.

He dipped his head slightly. “Whatever I can do to help, just tell me.”

magnus

Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    I will find you.
    He was blissfully happy to be yanked away from that freezing hell of a tundra, biting cold quaking his whole body as the earth currently did now. Plopped ungracefully on a mountain he hadn't seen before, his blood finally warmed and he sighed into it. His peace was short-lived, however, as another massive shudder drove across the land. Fear for his companions jerked him to his feet and he leapt into a gallop. He had to reach them! Beautiful Josie, the two new strangers, and.. her.

As he hurriedly reached the sloped side of the mountain, his hooves tap-danced around the fallen debris with familiar grace, edging gradually down to the bottom. He'd played this game before many a time in his homeland, dancing across the hard-packed clay of the desert with feet shimmying around the deeper cracks and crevices that could trap you and snap your limbs before you felt the pain. He was the Guardian; he was trained for more challenging things than this.

He met the flattened ground at the bottom, and as if a cord connected them, he jolted forward, pushing himself to his greatest speed.

JOSIE! he yelled as he ran.

He saw them ahead, a shapely ebony body upon the ground, a stallion standing over her. The elegant creature came carefully to her feet as if in pain, and he instantly recognized Jord, the identical embodiment of his sister. Was he really still denying it was her, his beloved sister Jjalari-Uruk? No, of course it was her.

He could no longer deny this was the innocent foal he had stolen from her clan to be raised by his. Guilt riddled through him like a barrage of bullets, despite the fact he had only been following his King's orders, like a good soldier. A good son. A chance for peace, his father had told him. They would stop their attacks so long as we held their princess, he'd said. Akkadian had seen the wisdom in the King's plan, but it did not lessen his shame for his own actions.

He could never tell her.

His mother-queen could no longer conceive and believed with all her heart a princess should be raised as such. And so she was born his sister, princess of his clan instead of theirs.

The other stallion moved in to steady her against his body, and Akkadian's eyes went black with rage. Obsidian hooves tore through the grasses with the force of a tornado, and a warning shot screamed out of him.

DO NOT TOUCH HER! he roared. Didn't he know he could not touch the princess?
    No, he didn't. And Akkadian couldn't instruct him on this before her presence. She had a chance to live like any other being. It was not his place to ruin that for her.

He could never tell her.

Akkadian was forced to an abrupt halt as he came near, recognition flashing through his eyes. Magnus. He forced himself to remain apart from them, knowing Magnus would never hurt her, carefully controlling the raging fire within him. His gaze flared where their coats brushed together.

Step away from her, Magnus, he said, his tone deadly quiet with warning.

Another wash of guilt laced through him. He hadn't meant to treat the fellow warrior so abrasively. In truth, he'd wished they could be friends one day. But he knew he had probably just ruined that with his aggressive display. He held back the tickle of sadness as he waited stiffly for them to part from one another.

@[Josie]
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord smilied softly as Magnus stepped closer to her as she tried to stand. She gently lean a little of her weight against him, trying not to be a bother. His hide was warm, it was nice.  She closed her eyes taking the sudden moment in, she had never been so close to a stag before. She gently looked at Magnus as he stood next to her. Magnus.. she said pausing for a moment.. thank you for the support. She said nodding softly.. gently resting her head against his back. Taking a moment to rest. She hoped she hadn't crossed some sort of personal boundary line. If I am a bother to you please let me know. She said kindly, her voice soft yet almost loving. I'm sure my brother will be trying to find me, so there's no rush. Jord said enjoying the moment still. She had never had a stag care for her, yet she had never been in a time of need either.

DOT NOT TOUCH HER! She heard a voice call out. He was back. She lifted her head from Magnus' back to look up to the mountain. Magnus i'm sorry for my brother..  She whispered softly to the stag before gently brushing her maw against his nape gently as if to say ..sorry, thank you, everything will be okay. I will handle this.. yet she didnt want Magnus to leave her side either.  Her orbs then shifted over to Akkadian, slowly and gingerly shifting her weight, to no longer lean against Magnus. Her pistons slowly carried her bodice limpingly closer to her brother. She spoke calmly, yet pain still in her voice. Akka.. Akvah..  She said bowing her head in respect to her older brother. She slowly made her way next to him and gently leaned against him..her body still a bit weak. Magnus has done nothing wrong, so please stand down. He got here before you did.  Hes just trying to make sure I'm okay. Jord said wincing a bit, as she tried to stand on her own.  She looked back at Magnus, her orbs having a look of thanks in them. Akka you can ask him, he was just trying to help. Hes no threat. He will not hurt me.  Jord said with a nod, and a sincere smile.

For a moment, it was peaceful, quiet. He took a deep breath as the mare rested her head along his back, content to let silence reign between them for several moments. It was perhaps the first time since he had found his way down the mountain that he had allowed himself to relax. He was so focused on finding others, on helping whoever he could, that he had not given himself the opportunity to just stop. Now, standing here with the warmth of her resting against him, he could not help but notice the aches in his muscles and the exhaustion that crept like shadows along the edges of his vision.

Eventually, he would need to sleep.
    Eventually.  (But not now.)

“Then we shall wait here,” he responded lightly, whiskey voice even and kind. “And you are certainly not a bother. It is a beautiful reprieve to send some time here with you.” It would be inaccurate to say that he didn’t have anywhere else to be, but the truth was he didn’t have somewhere more important to be. If his whole purpose was going to be helping others, then this was the best place for him.

But, of course, that peace was shattered the second Akkadian’s voice splintered the air. Magnus lifted his head slowly, gold-flecked eyes smoldering beneath the thicket of his forelock as the other stallion charged at them. He did not respond well to threats and thus did not listen to the command, rather staying still as the mare remained against him for several seconds. “Be careful how you speak to me, Akkadian,” he responded quietly, nodding toward the mare as she unwound from his side and moved over to her brother.

He had liked the stallion when they had first met in the meadow, had hoped to get to know him better, but he was also a proud stallion. Raised a Prince of two Kingdoms, served as King of another. He did not often call upon the years of kingdom training, but in this moment, he wore it like a crown, the soldier in him lifting his regal head, muscles tense. “I was simply helping.” The air between them was electric and he shifted slightly, gaze never faltering. He wasn’t one to start a fight, but he wasn’t against finishing one.

magnus

Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    He could never tell her.
    Her words splashed over him, heard but ignored as his gaze locked with Magnus's cold stare. Jord inched closer to him, trying to calm him, then pressed her body to his side for aide.

He stepped aside instantly before he realized he'd moved. He wasn't afraid she would falter, she was strong, but he knew she wouldn't understand. He kept his eyes on the stallion, afraid to see the hurt and confusion in her eyes. Not only could Magnus not touch her, but he, too, was unworthy. Though stolen from her true home, she was still a princess. And he just a bastard found at the river's lip. Not the brother-prince she thought he was.

But he could never tell her.

Magnus warned him then not to speak to him thus. The shame and sadness he felt at behaving this way remained lodged beneath his skin, a fierce mask in place as he was trained to do.

It seemed their selfish pride would always be a wedge between any kind of friendship. Neither was one to back down. True warriors.

Lone warriors.

Akkadian could not apologize, would not. Most especially for coming to his sister's protection. It did not matter that he recognized Magnus after his challenging command, nor that he knew the stallion wouldn't harm her. He had laid the law and would stand behind his word. Always.

He held the stare-down a few moments more before breaking it to examine Jord's wounds. Concern creased his brows at her cuts and bruises before the mask slipped back in place. She was clearly in pain and he wished he could be that rock that steadied her, but knew he could not. She would have to be strong without him.

The black stallion once again looked to his fellow soldier, easing the malice from his eyes as best he could.

What happened to you? You were gone when I came. He knew the stallion would remember their last conversation and understand. They'd agreed to meet in the Gates, his home, to see if it was suitable for Akkadian. And also if Akkadian was suitable for the peaceful land he'd heard it was.

When he'd shown up, the place was in disarray, much like the rest of the world was at this moment. Magnus had fled, they said. Among many others. He didn't care what reasons anyone gave him, he'd rather learn from the stallion himself why he'd abandoned his post. He did not hide the confusion in his voice.

- Jord -
    Jord

Jord was a  bit shocked by her brothers movement, stepping away from her when she needed him. She let out a soft growl at him, she was never the agressive type. She just made a slow circle and made her way back to Magnus' side,  makeing sure to make strong orb contact with her brother. You yell at others not to touch me yet you refuse to help me yourself. Should I even call you family Akka?!!! Jord almost screamed..clearly upset.. those last words hurting her but it was the truth. He wanted to protect her but he wouldn't even step up to her. At least Magnus didn't waver by her side. Jord was pissed at her brothers unbridled anger. Jord never expected her brother to be so harsh to her, he used to care for her so much when she was a little foal. Maybe war or the shifting lands had changed him. 

Her pistons caried her strong ebony bodice back to Magnus. I wish to stay by your side Magnus..  she paused bowing her head.. If you will have me,.. as it seams Akkadian does not care for me. She said her final words causing her skull to swivel and her orbs to shoot daggers directly at Akkadian. The femme gently leaned up against Magnus, her warm body against his, exhausted from the sudden onset of drama. The only one seamed to be concerned for her was Magnus, not even her own family.  Avhak claims to care for me but it is all just a front.. He does not care. He doesn't even ask if I'm okay. What type of family does that?! Jord spoke as if Akkadian was invisible. Part of her hoped he hurt from her words, but she didn't want to kill him with them.  Jord closed her eyes resting gently against Magus still, her nares softly taking in his scent. She smelt of a land outside BQ, the same as Akkadian. An exotically, unique scent.She felt safe next to him, safer than her brother or even her family had ever made her feel.  I will try to repay you for your kindness at some point Magnus. I promise. She whispered to the stag softly, not sure what she even meant.. but she would repay him. She adjusted her skull on Magnus's back once more before letting out a soft sigh, a breath of warm air.. planning to ignore anything else her 'brother' had to say. 

Josie
    Josie
    Like the dancer before me

She found company with another mare, Djinni, but she stilled wanted to find Akkadian and the others. She conversed with Djinni and said her goodbyes, it was still foggy and hard to see but the mare wanted, no needed, to find the others.

Luck was on her side today, she heard her name be called and her ears perked forward Akkadian? she thought to herself. Her heartbeat raced as she searched for the source of the call. Akkadian! it had to be him, no one else would be searching her out. She barely knew the stallion, why was she frantically looking for him over her mother. She shook the thoughts from her head, pushing past other equines. The bottom of the mountain was now scattered and full of other equines, all just as confused as she.

She was finally able to pick out a black Arabian from the crowd, he was in a group and appeared lost in conversation. Akkadian! she called out as she raced towards him, her hooves beat into the moist ground leaving a hoof print with every step. She slid to a halt, ripping the dirt up beneath her as she approached the group. It appeared as though the conversation was more of an argument, the one stallion she recognized as Magnus, but she did not know the other mare. She gave a dip of her head to the group but remained silent, not joining in on the conversation. The ebony mare was yelling at Akkadian, calling him brother? The two did not resemble each other aside from color, she was confused but so was everyone else.