• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fate had finally found me (eight)

no matter what they say, I am still the king

Freedom had been taken from so many. It was strange how easily It was for everyone to take advantage of the magic of Beqanna – to flaunt powers, soar on feathered wings, transform into whatever they’d like – the list of powers were endless. But some? Some needed Beqanna’s magic to survive, to communicate, to speak. You are one of them. You are entrapped once again, so soon after escaping to the bliss of worldly communication. Like a bird on a string, you soared two beats into the air, only to be brought back to earth.
    Well, perhaps you have been brought back into your cage of silence, but it seems you have embraced the skies with flight. Your chosen gift had been wings, not unlike Eight’s own – and as you plummet from the sky and land neatly, a smile skitters across Eight’s face. He too knew the feeling of freedom and flight – how blissfully weightless it was to be careening through the air. From your tangled locks,  the ever so slight lilt in your step – he could tell that flight was your freedom now.
    He turns to you and nods towards your wings. “Something old, something new, hm?” He knew, of course, that there was no way to speak to you now. His magic gone, he couldn’t probe into your mind to pick out the bits and pieces of conversation you wished to say. But there was the benefit of already having been in your mind. In the moments of time he had spent with you, he swam freely through the depths of your mind, and it’s as intimate as anything. Perhaps he could use that to his advantage now.
    ” It’s good to see you. I’ve been coming across many of the Valley’s old members. I’ve been working with Offspring of the Tundra and Magnus of the Gates – we are petitioning to open up a land. If it would please you, you could join us. It won’t be like our Valley, but at least it will become a home.” He looks to you, knowing there is little that you can say, but somehow knowing you would be able to communicate it just fine.

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in

@[Aranea]

Messages In This Thread
    fate had finally found me (eight) - by Aranea - 09-02-2016, 11:00 PM
    RE: fate had finally found me (eight) - by Eight - 09-06-2016, 11:49 AM
    RE: fate had finally found me (eight) - by Aranea - 09-06-2016, 08:52 PM
    RE: fate had finally found me (eight) - by Eight - 09-07-2016, 01:34 PM