• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can stand me up at the gates of hell; i won't back down. || eight

YOU CAN STAND ME UP AT THE GATES OF HELL, BUT I WON'T BACK DOWN.

A low, rumbling chuckle emerges from his throat at the dry sense of humor that his inquiry is met by; he should have expected no less. Having weathered violence, war and its dire consequences together, there is little to question in the aftermath of the world's untimely and yet unnervingly serene reformation - the Earth had moved beneath them once before; nothing could break the ties or tear apart the bond that had long ago become a staple in their quiet, yet stable companionship.

His heart longs to see Topsail said, to know of her well-being, but the winged male's words will have to suffice for now - if rumor is to believe, she would be without a proverbial voice again, stripped of her ability to communicate. It causes a pang of discomfort within his heart to know such a creature of self-esteem and pride to be left penniless at the bottom of the barrel, incapable of the most basic need.

Alas, she would triumph - she had never been one to be kept at bay for long, and mere words would not cage the glowering beast that hid away within her feminine breast.

His gaze falters, following his as he peers out into the darkness that is illuminated only by the sheer generosity of the broad moon above - there are too many bodies, too much uncertainty and the unknown leaves each and every soul weary and wrought with worry. With a heavy, solemn nod, and a dreary sigh that empties his lungs of all remnants of carbon dioxide - an alliance is not created - no, but renewed.

"Let us begin."

OFFSPRING

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can stand me up at the gates of hell; i won't back down. || eight - by Offspring - 09-03-2016, 01:58 PM