• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

First steps...
    It was almost noon when Usual Story reached the valley. The sun was high in the sky and shined heavily. The mare was enjoying the warm air slipping all around her small body. Her steps were swinging gracefully and each look she gave around filled her with joy and happiness, and she found herself smiling widely, even though usually she wasn't really the smiling type.

She could see several horses far away, and suddendly she felt like she wasn't in the good place. She had been alone for such a long time that she didn't really how to behave with her fellows. She was used to be herdless since she was two. Now, at the age of four, she had lost everything : her family, her confidence, her willings, and sometimes she thought she had also lost her heart and her soul . She struggled for a while with herself, trying to decide whether to stay here or not. But her inner deepest feelings forced her to pull herself together and the mare went on, more hesitantly than when she firstly entered the valley half an hour ago. Maybe she actually needed a place to be, a place to stay, a secure place where she could belong to . Because now she belongs nowhere and she belongs to nobody. And the Arabian was afraid of having to wandering around until her death. She sighed, vainly trying to shut down her emotions and the little voice in her mind which kept saying she was worth of nothing.
    It had been an interesting morning to say the least. In here entirety Beqanna had changed and her magic had seeped towards the center quickly, ushering it's magic and greatness into the form of one mountain. They had then awoken, all of them in the same place, making their way down to discover that not only had the lands changed, but so had they. Though unlike the rest he didn't need the time to adjust to bodily or magical changes. He had started life without any differences and without the gift of a trait. The only difference for him was the curly haired coat in which covered his body from ears to hoof.

He knew no one of concern that he felt the need to search out, so instead he heads to the field, knowing that this was a time to gather groups. The world of Beqanna would soon be at rest and like he had discovered when he was younger, numbers meant survival. Especially in a world that had only hours ago been on an uneven balance. Slowly he steps into the field snorting softly at the sight of beautifully overgrown grass and for a moment he stops, dark brown eyes tracing over the landscape. 

It was from somewhere deep within that told him to gather together those who may follow his unknown face. It was then he sees her. He watches her wander, how the smile on her face appears excitedly then disappears with unsure hesitancy. He had once known how that felt, long ago and with a soft sigh he steps forward heading in her direction. "Excuse me," his voice is deep and resonates across the empty space between them. "I don't mean to bother you, but my name is Eskil," he smiles softly as he comes to a stop making sure he is a safe enough distance away that she feels comfortable. "Are you looking for a home?"
    All the changes had happened here so quickly that she hadn't had really the time to accustom her to the new Beqanna. She neither hadn't been blessed with magical traits, and until now she didn't really care about her simple chestnut coat.But from now on she feels smaller than the ever was and her nondifference makes her uncomfortable. 

All of a sudden, she heard hoofsteps and lifted her head, stretching her neck elegantly. At first she pretended she hadn't seen the unknown horse. She stayed like that for a while, then couldn't help putting her eye on him. She knew at the first sight that it was a stallion, given his large morphology. She tenses up a little seeing him heading towards her, and her lips come up in a fine line and her heartbeat accelerate. At least he seems not too magical, not too terrifying and she relaxes, letting herself breathing in and out slowly. She keeps her eyes on him while he introduces him. Though she is unsure of what to do, unsure of what to feel, she smiles back. Then she doesn't move an inch, only her tilting her head betraying her stillness. A home? She hasn't heard this word for a long time. And she isn't sure to know what it means.  "And my name is Usual Story.Hum..Usual . More simple. "  She replies with a shy smile." A home...I don't really know. But yes, something like that, I assume". She adds, as she dares a move towards him: "It's nice to meet someone here."  And that is totally true.

Her rust like color was something to be admired. The past generations had been full of so many unique traits that simplicity and normalcy had become the rare around and within Beqanna. She, like him, was in reality the unique one to say the least. And so while she looked at herself as though she was plain and small due to her differences it was something far from what he was able to see. Though of course this wasn't the time for a pep talk and it's not like he could read her mind, so why he would bring it up or even think about it is basically meaningless...

The way her body tenses causes his ears to swivel slightly and with a soft snort he nods his head. "Do not worry, I am not going to harm you." His lips tilt upward into a slight smile and he goes quiet once more waiting for her to make her on judgement on the matter.  It is only when her head tilts that his ears swivel forward, perking slightly and when her singsong voice slips through her lips he smiles just a bit more. "Well Usual, it is nice to meet you. Though I must say that is quite an unusual name. But a nice one at that."

He watches her for a few moments and when she steps towards him he remains still, keeping himself from moving too quickly.  "I'm not sure how we could make one, though I'm sure we could make it happen. We'd have to find others willing to follow us though. That's if you are willing to travel and find a place with me..." He is too blunt, too quick and he knows it. Yet he doesn't care. He isn't the type to waste his time on simple formalities.

Though when she speaks of how nice it is to meet someone he stops speaking, his attention shifting slightly. It had been much too long since he had heard those words and for a moment he feels a warm smile creeping across his lips. "Well Usual, I would have to say you're right. It is nice to meet someone. You, of course." 

eskil

Step by step her wariness about him begins to get out of her, disappearing slowly as he speaks. His low and sweet voice keeps her calm, and oddly his reassuring tone makes her feel better, even though the worst stallion would say that sort of thing to coax his prey. Her instinct told her he was trustworthy. She locks her eyes on him, her ears stretch towards him as to hear better. She smiles a little, a sadly smile. For sure it was an unusual name, given by careless parents for whom she haven't ever had any importance.  She had been totally rejected by her mother, though she never could have called her a mother. But now, four years later she has gone throught all that and her parents don't matter to her as much as she doesn't matter for them. It doesn't mean she never miss them, though.  She comes back to the reality, pushing these negative thoughts out of her mind. He seems sympathetic and almost friendly, and she finds herself enjoying his presence here. 

While he formulates his proposal, she shakes her mane imperceptibly, just as she always does when she is looking for the wisest thing to say. He is right from beginning to end and she does know it. Try to beckon others and find a home is an opportunity to be taken, but she remains surprises by his proposal. We ?  Follow a stallion who was a perfect unknown a few moments ago ? One the one hand it seems foolish, but on the other she is pleased by the idea. They have to gather groups quickly, if not it would be hard to belong to these lands. " I must tell you it sounds great, I think you're right. I'm not sure how we could do that, though. Also  I'm not sure I would be a good fellow traveller. "  She says and she grins a little. She can't help adding with a sweet voice " Maybe you have noticed I'm neither confident or kind or anything else which could help us making people to follow us".

Her smile grows wide then, with his last sentence. For a while she wonders if he is just like her, homeless and lost and if he used to travel alone.