• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Are we lost in the dark? [Akkadian
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord's strong yet feminine pistons  carried her obsidian bodice onto the terra of the meadow. She lifted her crown taking in the fresh spring air. She walked to the middle of the field and observed the horses around her. Her orbs saw all those around her,yet at times she felt so alone. She closed her optics trying to wash away those feelings of loneliness, yet instead they flooded over her. Jord didn't remember much of her childhood only the smell of copper in the air. The smell of blood...  The smell of death.. The smell of war. 

She shook her head, her orbs closed tightly, trying to shake her imagination that was messing her mentally.. the air smelled like copper... yet it was only in her head. Jord hated this.. before she could think her pistons had gracefully folded underneath her her, forcing her to sit in the grass. Her hazel orbs started leaking as thoughts  screamed in her head.. Its not fair.. why did my family not raise?  How could they leave me?  Did they die in the war? or do I remember the smell of someone elses blood and they just never came back for me? They must have not carried.. She thought.. her brain now switching over to the thought of her new 'family'.. the Tundra kingdom. Offspring was such a strong figure... what she would have given to have been adopted by him when she was still a fawn.. It didn't help that this land didn't have the same scent as her homeland.. wherever that was.. regardless of the copper scented blanket that she remembered most of. Her tears twinkled in the sun as the ran down her skull. 

She opened her orbs and shook her crown hard.. trying to shake off the tears. She decided she didn't want to question the past anymore. Her life was now that of a diplomat in the beautiful crystal covered Tundra. She needed to be strong yet genuine. She didn't want her thoughts and her past to get in the way of that.. not to mention to feel so drained by the thoughts. She took a deep breath before finding the strengths in her pistons to lift her bodice off the ground. She stretched her nape lifting her crown to the sky once more.. before lowering it and ripping up a bit of grass.. her mind finally clear. 

Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    I vow my life to you.
    Akkadian looked at the newborn princess curiously and she stared back at him boldly. He chuckled quietly to himself; she'd be a fiesty mare someday. But his face grew serious as he reflected on his mother's words. "They say if I must, I should give you up to our enemies to protect Sandad, our brother-prince." She said nothing, and he wondered if she could understand speech just yet. Her eyes seemed to challenge him though, daring him to even try doing such a thing.

He frowned. It wasn't like he had much of a choice. She was such a beautiful little filly, though, wasn't she? It distracted him from his thoughts and something deep within him melted unexpectedly. The colt gazed back at her innocent stare, his heart in his eyes. "I am to protect Sandad by duty," he said carefully, his tone grave. "But I vow my life to you."

Curse his damned whoreson eyes, he was seeing things again. Out in the distance before him, he'd swear he could see his princess. She had been presumed dead at the massacre. But, then again, so had he. Presumed dead didnt necessarily mean..dead. No, he couldn't think these things; that way lay madness. She was dead. Gone with the rest of them. All save him due to his running away from the truth. He brushed aside the sharp pain that stabbed his heart at the thought of her.

This is the second time he's mistaken someone for Jjalari. He was losing his mind, clearly. But the mirage didn't fade, and he frowned as he watched the creature walk through the meadow. Even from this distance she seemed to have a bit of a haunted look to her. Perhaps he would find sad eyes in that dark face were he close enough to see them. He didn't really feel like meeting new people.. however, he supposed he should practice the customs here. It was a new experience for him to not be recognized everywhere he went. Everyone at home knew him or knew of him and his duty as the prince's brother-guard.

He made the decision and set off at an easy lope heading directly to the new threat to his sanity. As he grew near enough to be heard without yelling, he slowed to a gentle walk. He had approached boldly, like he'd seen others do. Now he would announce a statement, then ask a question, he reminded himself. Such a strange tradition, but if he were to fit in..
    Healthy clouds today, he said politely. It was only after speaking that he wondered if they said the phrase here. It was always so blasted hot back home so clouds were typically a good omen for them, it would mean a cooler day. He shrugged off his uncertainty and continued.

He forgot what he was going to say though as he gazed at her face, examining the raw emotion he saw there.Are you crying? he said more gently, surprising himself. By the gods, even distracted he had managed to stay true to the customs here! He'd try not to hurt himself as he patted himself on the back for his success.
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord suddently felt a pressense getting closer to her as she looked up from the ground. Her cranium shook once more trying to rid herself of the tears as she heard the dark stallion in front of her. Although Jord didn't remember much of her childhood.. this males voice sounded just the slightest bit familiar. She let her caramel hazel eyes meet his.. looking deep. "I'm fine. Thank you for your concern." She spoke.. her voice a little waving at first.. pulling herself together. Jord didn't say much else.. as she slowly, cautiously walked closer to the strong stallion. Theres no way... why does this stranger seam familiar. She thought as she walked up right next to the stallion.. She gently draped her neck over his body... not touching just trying to get a hint of his scent.. It was faintly like home.. but she didn't trust it.  She then backed away from him.. "My name is Jord." she said softly, yet kind. She could see the stags strong formation.."I will not hurt you." She said before turning her back to him.. 

Jord turned again, facing him. Her hazel orbs scanned over the stag.. Her strong pistons carrying her around him.. Jord assumed the cold tundra had wiped away her home's sent, but it was hard for her to tell her own scent. She had grown into a beautiful mare since her childhood. Maybe not the strongest fighter but mentally she had grown. She started to distrust this stranger before her. Her orbs melted into his once more.. as she came face to face with him before stopping. "Who are you?" She demanded to know, her voice now strong. "Why are you here?" Jord wanted to yell.. only smelling the scent of her home on this stranger grow stronger the longer she stood near. She refused to believe her mind..she was sure her family was dead.. this must have been one of many from the war. " I SAID WHO ARE YOU?" she said louder,yet with fear in her voice; stomping her hoof heavily into the sod below her, not breaking eye contact with the stallion...trying to be strong.

Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    I vow my life to you.
    He had kept a gentle walk as he drew closer to the mare, and he felt confident. This foreigner stuff wasn't that hard, he could learn their ways and never think of home again. There was no home left anyway, as the only family he knew lay dead and buried. He pointedly avoided wondering who his real family was; that thread of thinking never left him feeling any better and there wasn't anything he could do about it anyway. In fact, with the death of the king, there was no longer anyone he could ask. Unless Tippi was alive.. the king had said she was the one to find him at the water's edge. Perhaps she saw more than she told them. No, he must not think on it. It wouldn't change anything.

Akkadian's cock-sure confidence disintegrated the moment the mare's eyes met his. His heart stopped, time stopped, and his reality fell apart; he didn't comprehend anything she said. In her eyes he saw Jjalari more than he had in anyone else. But it was not real, he reminded himself, just the guilty conscience of a big brother who failed to do is sole duty. This wasn't Jjalari. Jjalari was ripped to shreds along with their mother -her mother- and lost in the sands. His throat closed up and he looked away, unable to endure her eyes any longer. He couldn't speak, couldn't think.

His ears flipped forward, following the sounds of her movement as she stepped up to him. He suddenly felt trapped and constricted, and remained locked tight in his stance, unable to move. Everything inside him screamed for him to bolt, run from this woman who hurt his heart so badly simply by looking the way she did. He slammed his eyes shut and dipped his head lower, his heart racing. She walked to his side, hovering her muzzle over his back, taking in his scent. He stiffened, and his body shuddered where she did not touch.

The intimate distance left him reeling as she stepped away. What was with the mares here and the lack of personal space? He retreated as well, released from her trance, forcing a safer distance between them. But he wanted out of here. Badly. He never should have come, he chided himself.
    Jord, she says. I will not hurt you, she says.
    But the damage has already been done; by his damned conscience. And he wanted away from here. Immediately. He couldn't breathe.

She turned her back to him, showing trust to a stranger. He prepared to bolt without a word, but he frowned at her instant trust and hesitated. And all too soon he lost his chance to run when her back was turned as she faced him again. Her eyes scoured every inch of him, suspicion now in her eyes; that little bit of trust gone instantly. Trapped again in her gaze, his body would not budge no matter his own demands of it.

Who are you, why are you here, she demands. She was close enough to smell, her own personal smell. He closed his eyes and took it in slowly, allowing himself this fantasy; the dream where his sister yet lived. He was losing his mind, and this was the evidence of it. But his imagination took him to a place so beautiful, a place he didn't want to leave. I said who are you, she demands again, emphasizing her point with a stomp. His eyes stayed closed, a small smile sneaking to the corner of his mouth. It was just how that feisty Jjalari would've done it too. He couldn't remain in this alternate reality, however.

Akkadian pulled away from her closeness, opening his eyes slowly and stepping back and back and back. He needed to be away from here. He desperately needed to clear his mind. So many tumultuous emotions were coursing through him and he couldn't think straight enough to sort them. I am sorry, I must leave, he stated gently, the pain within him causing his voice to be strained. His presence had upset her, and this meeting had upset him.
    Please, do not come so close to me again, he requested quietly, but firmly. He couldn't allow that kind of nearness, it wasn't proper. She had only his memories to thank that he had not removed himself before now. Locked as he had been in the vise of wishing his sister was alive. He turned away without looking at her again, and began a steady pace back to reality, where he left his sanity.
    - Jord -
    Jord

After all she had done.. she could hear the pain in the strangers voice, the sadness in his eyes. She was supposed to be a diplomat, not scaring others away. As he told her to not come close again, for some reason her heart broke, misty tears started to pool in her eyes; She didn't want the equine... the only equine she had met with the smell of her home to leave her. She felt like she had been stabbed.. yet was still curious.. "I'm sorry..." She said as tears silently spilled down her jaw... "I.... You...." she was choking up. "I didn't mean to come off as so agressive.. I was taught young to not just trust everyone.. and I fear in my childhood I may have trusted the wrong people. And thats why I dont remember a lot and ended up in this strange land."She didn't mean to hurt the stallion.. she was just so unsure if he was friend or foe. She took one single step forward toward him.. "This may sound crazy.. I'm not from here..." she said softly.. her voice cracking with sadness.. "you have a strong scent of my home.." She took another gentle step. "I.. I don't remember much of my childhood.. But you smell of my homeland.. and I just want to know if you are friend.." She lowered her skull.. "or foe." she spoke, the river of tears turning into a silent storm.

She closed her orbs and tried to shake away the tears.. "if you wish to never see me again.. I will respect that." She took a good solid minute to think to herself.. "but if you'd have me i'd like you to stay. I'd like to know you. You may be the only the only link to whatever the hell my past is.. I've met no one here before you since stepping on this land.. that has the scent you do."  She took a few steps away. "The choices is yours.. I will be here waiting." If this stag was friend, maybe he knew her brother, father... or her mother she never knew.. She had so many questions. She hated this alone feeling..Jord tried to pull herself together. "If you do choose to leave, could you at least tell me your name.. please?" She asked, her heart still in pain.. but trying to find strength once more.

Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    I Will come for you
    His steady gait faltered as her words hit his back.
    I was taught young to not just trust everyone, he heard her say. The words began a parrallel of his own upbringing, and she continued to paint his homeland for him, and break his heart.
    I'm not from here, she adds to it.
    You smell of my homeland.

He flinched visibly at the latter. He mis-stepped again and halted, afraid if he kept it up he may land on his face, but still not turning around to face her. Her words stung. With every new breath she became his sister more and more whether she truly was or not. Of course she wasn't though, Jjalari had died. But his heart still ached to do right by her, this stranger that brought him pain, because he had failed his sister so very badly. The one he had vowed his life to.

But he had nothing to offer her. He could give no comfort that life gets easier, he could give no answers as to her past. Deep down, though, he knew he couldn't abandon her. His heart decided she was his sister with a second chance at life, and his mind refused, knowing his true sister was dead. However..
    In honor of Jjalari, he vowed silently that he would take care of her, this beautiful Jord.

He still didn't face her, thinking deeply in silence. He would need to secure a home for her -for them-, somewhere safe where she could be happy. And he would remain around, to make certain of her safety, but at a distance so she could live her life in peace. If she had a home now, it wouldn't matter to him. He had placed himself in charge of her care when he made that last vow, and he would be the one to decide what was best for her.

Akkadian turned his head a little, just enough to be heard without having to look at her. It hurt too badly, the wound too fresh to bear.
    Where do you reside in these Beqanna lands? he asked quietly, his voice resolute, determined.

He waited a moment for her answer and began walking again. He tossed one last thing over his shoulder to her, one steely eye finally meeting her gaze briefly.

I will come for you, akhut.
    he promised firmly, and leapt into a single-minded gallop, his tail whipping like a war banner with one sole purpose. He had a date with a stallion, and a mare. And he would choose the best home for his new sister.
    - Jord -
    Jord

Jord watched the stags steps shake with her words. All she could do was watch. She wanted to help him stand strong, but she didn't know how. She wanted to see him..his body turned from her. Her auds listened to his warm voice.. "I now call the Tundra home. The hot lands remind me too much of the war of home.." Jord said, her voice pure. She continued to watch the stag get farther away.. She wanted to just run up beside him and stay by his side.. but she thought it better not to. 

Jord almost melted as the stranger's gaze met hers  though only briefly... I will come for you akhut.. he said to her. Those words... seamed to flash in her mind back to her child hood of a colt who used to look over her when she was young.She didn't remember many names from her childhood.. but one stood out. Akkadian.. or Akka.. as she would call him. As a fawn she looked up to him, almost as a crush more than a brother, but he always seamed to brush her off  to go play war. Akkadian was the only one that called her Akhut, even her older brother never called her that. Her older brother was always off doing other things and never really around.  No.. there was no way Akka was alive.. But who else could this be. If it was a hostile they probably would have killed her by now. Yet the way he spoke reminded her so much of her former guardian.. Could you be.. she thought.. "Akka....!!" her larynx involuntarily yelled as he galloped away from her, her body almost  jumping into a trot to run after him. It had to be him.. maybe. She vowed the next time she sees him she would ask, if he was who she thought.. or was she just a dumb child after all. She stopped dead in her own tracks.. her mind racing. Were the spirits playing games with her mind.. What was this crazy dream. She stood in the field for a while after the ghost of Akkadian had left her.. praying she would see him soon..her heart racing.