• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Chasing the Clouds [Open/Tundra]
    Ga
    rr
    e
    th
    As he stepped into the blazing sunlight on a cloudless, sunny morning, his black pelt glistening, Garreth though about his father. One of the first lessons his father taught him was to observe. "Know your enemies and know your friends before they even acknowledge your existence," he'd said. So this was what the muscular brute was doing; his chestnut eyes taking everything in. He was standing in a filed full of lush green grass and horses - a rather good combination if you could find a delectable patch of grass and a cordial horse to share it with. A group of mares conversed near one end of the field. Intriguing-looking equines of all shapes, sizes, and genders spread out in various spots. Some talked, some grazed, and still others observed, like Garreth.

Confident that this hodgepodge of equines provided a friendly environment, the massive black stallion walked further into the field. He was close enough to smell the earthy scent of grass-covered dirt after a recent rain, and he realized he was hungry. He bent his head, pulling a large mouthful of grass from the dark soil, a piece of his dark, curly mane falling into his face, and straightened up again, blowing the piece of hair out of his face, eyes half closed as he enjoyed the tasty food and the warm sun. Yet his ears were still swiveling around, always alert. 

Garreth wondered why these horses were all grouped together. Most seemed to be waiting for something. Then, as he watched a stallion approach a mare, he realized that some were recruiting others. A few minutes later, the mare followed the stallion away from the field. 

Garreth snatched another mouthful of grass, when he heard someone come up behind him. Straightening once again, he turned around.
    Image Credit
    Jord
    Daughter of the Night
    Jord galloped onto the field, the newly softened terra ripping up under her feet. The feeling of the sun on her ebony pelt warmed her to the bones. As a new member of the Tundra it was nice every now and then to have some warmth, although the tundra was lovely in its own ways. She slowed her pace to a walk as her orbs fell upon a ebony stallion, appearing to be the same breed as herself.  ... He must not have a home.. The maiden thought to herself.. as she walked up to him .She put a smile on her maw as she spoke. "Well hello there stranger, My name is Jord. What a beautiful spring day we have here, right?" She spoke, her voice smooth and velvety,.. yet genuine. Her banner lapped at her raven colored bodice in the spring breeze. Her carmel orbs scanned over the stally. He was for sure the same breed as her.. a beautiful friesian. "Are you looking for somewhere new to call home?" Jord asked kindly, trying not to assume. She elongated her neck and lowered her maw to the fresh grass and pulled up a small mouth full and ate while waiting for a response from the stallion.
    I shall wear no crowns and win no glory
    The last he had visited the Field he had stumbled upon Josie so during his trek through Beqanna to his birth home, the Chamber, he figures that it wouldn't be all for naught. Although women were now accepted in the Tundra, it had been a huge influx of them and little training provided - not to mention, dwindling men in the Tundra so when Vaughan saw a large male unattended in the field, it was instinctual to want to offer him a home with them. Before he could completely make his way in though, another mare had found him - one who smelled like his home but she was still new, other fragrances still permeating her pelt. The Tundra eventually just washed all the scents away in time. 

"Since you're from the Tundra, too, I'll be easy on you - he's not pursuing anyone so he's likely here to find a home. I'm Vaughan, a lieutenant of the Tundra and on my way to reaffirm allies and set up training between two others armies. You would serve the army well," he says, sizing up the gentleman though he must look quite odd with his floppy ear and small, muscular build against the giant. "If that sort of thing interests you, I'll be taking my leave to the Chamber first - you're welcome to join me. Good eye for looking at this one," he says to the mare, Jord, as the black male turns to leave the group. Vaughan figures that if he is to join the Tundra certainly he'd want something to do pretty quickly, instead of simply resting on his laurels in the snow.

But, Vaughan has witnessed it more than once, it wouldn't surprise him.
    V A U G H A N

he's going to set up mocks in the chamber first, then valley - if you wanna come with him you're welcome to, I thought it would make it more interesting than just "hey, need a home? ok *skips*"

Ga
    rr
    e
    th

Upon turning around, Garreth came face to face with an attractive, raven-haired mare, appearing ot be the same breed as himself. Smiling, Garreth swooped down into a quick bow. "Hello, Jord. I am Garreth. And I agree, this morning is as beautiful as you." He couldn't help it. Flirting and flattering just sort of... happened. As she asked him if he sought a home, he nodded. "Yes, I am in search of a place I can comfortably call home." 

He was about to ask what her proposition was, when a second stranger approached him, stocky in build, with one slightly odd-looking floppy ear. Garreth nodded to him politely. "Hello, Vaughan. While I do believe this young lady deserves a bit more cordiality," he stated evenly, turning to Jord and giving her a quick wink, "to each his own. I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance, and I'm grateful for your information." He waited a second before continuing, hoping he didn't come across as rude to Vaughan, he merely believed that the raven-haired mare could use a little respect. After all, she didn't have to approach anyone. "I used to be the prince of a herd, and I assisted my father in defense preparations. I would be thrilled to explore life as a soldier in the Tundra." 

As Vaughan turned to leave, Garreth turned to Jord. "It was wonderful meeting you. I apologize for leaving so soon, but I assume a lovely lady such as yourself has other business to attend to." With a smile and another quick bow, he turned and followed Vaughn.

Image Credit