• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't you hear me howling?
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

Even with her hooves still on the ground, Myrna feels as though she’s already drifting through the clouds. Sky’s joyful outburst seems contagious, spreading to Myrna and solidifying into a laugh more clarion than she’d voiced in years.

She’d forgotten, Myrna realized, what it felt like to really laugh.

Rather than let the realization ground her, the blue-eyed mare swiftly pushes it away. Focusing instead on the colorful feathered wing that Skywalker extends between them, the smile on Myrna’s face does not waver as she further inspects it.

“Maybe you ate some magical mushrooms” Myrna teases, amusement coloring her words, “or wandered a little too close to the Mountain.” Magic has done stranger things than change the color of a few feathers after all, and since Sky seems to have no idea about their origin, random chance seems as good an explanation as any other.

Whatever the cause, it is far less intriguing than the challenge that Sky throws at her, and this time the laughter flows more easily from her. Hanging back to let the other pegasus take to the sky (and perhaps to remind herself of how, exactly, she should do it), Myrna witnesses every bit of the launch, and how the winged horse had transformed into a spotted cat.

It wasn’t a planned transformation, the shifter knows, but from what she can tell, it seems to be a complete one. That’s fortunate, she thinks; knowing the discomfort of being neither fully one thing or the other.

“Do you want to be a horse again?” She asks when Skywalker’s gaze meets her own. The obvious surprise that had been on her face has not disappeared completely, but it is joined now with concern. Shifting runs in her family, Myrna had told the now-jaguar. She remembers her first shift, and those of her siblings, and they had all been expecting it to happen. How much more strange, perhaps terrifying, this must be for Skywalker.

“I think I can talk you through it, if you want. If your shifting is like the kind I have.”

@ skywalker