• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wolves in our own skin; clark

As she spoke, he listened while attempting to placate the thumping of his heart from the fright. He was normally a carefree, jovial fellow, and so, he did not find any pleasure in the anxiety that had overtaken him. Unfortunately, the racing of his heart was no longer from just the shock, and the tobiano stallion could do nothing to calm himself down. Leave it to him to have no issues insulting and mocking the infamous Kirin, but completely lose his cool with meeting a pretty girl.

Luckily, the mare seemed pleasant in demeanor, and her gentle words soothed his nervousness… just a little. He was glad to hear that he wasn’t the only one with a beating heart, though he pegged the reason for hers to his ungraceful greeting. His smile grew as she spoke, and he had to agree that the tingly feeling did feel somewhat nice.

“Dara,” he repeated after she paused. It was a pretty name, and he liked the way it rolled off his tongue. She spoke of her home and family, and instinctively, the painted stallion tried to recall if he’d ever wandered by in his prior travels. Didn’t ring a bell, however, caused more likely from his own inclination to avoid populated areas than any fault of the land or its residents. After all, prior to his adventure with Kirin, he might have been one of the few long-time residents who’d never heard of the purple stallion and his infamous cove. In fact, he still thought the lavender quite the upstanding gentleman whose only fault was an unlucky rendezvous with a cruel fairy!

“I’m Clark,” he then answered, but then trailed off a moment as he pondered her question. From her excitement at describing her home, she seemed to have quite the close family. He once had that sort of life with his lovely mother and protective father, but it had been more than a couple decades since he’d last seen them. “I tend to just wander in these forests. I don’t really have a home…” he finally admitted, his gaze slightly dropping in shame.

Yet he was determined to not let that linger between them too long. Blinking quickly, he chased his embarrassment back and returned his gaze to meet hers. His thoughts, meanwhile, raced back to her introduction of herself, back to the part that caught his attention the first time. “You have more than one dad?” His voice was more animated than before, his interest fully captured.

fate she hears me | fate stand near me | fate state clearly
    whether there will be another card

Messages In This Thread
    wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-26-2016, 02:33 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 07-27-2016, 05:28 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-28-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 08-03-2016, 09:49 AM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 08-05-2016, 10:07 AM