• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stars go burning - jenger pony, any
    The way that the other girl’s bay coat fades into blue reminds Raene of her mother, and the warm smile that she offers Victra is perhaps a bit warmer than the one she gives to the others. When the young mare responds by coming to join her beside the water, the yellow horse shuffles a little to the side, offering her a bit more of the level ground where she stands.

They are quiet for a while, which Raene does not mind, and her grey eyes meet Victra’s emerald eagerly.

“I’d thought it would be more lively,” she admits with a toss of her sunshine forelock. “The way everyone tells stories about the Meadow, I assumed that I’d barely be able to move for all the strangers around.” Like sardines in a can, she’d thought, but they are only speckled here and there in the pale snow. It reminds her of the Falls, really. Few horses, but a handful of them willing to converse.

“I’m Raene”, she tells Victra when the indigo mare introduces herself. “Did you come here to find something peaceful?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the stars go burning - jenger pony, any - by RAENE - 08-20-2016, 12:27 PM