• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  It's dark inside [any]
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    A great sigh left him when it was done, and he stood for a moment catching his breath thereafter. His green eyes took in the surrounding sights, those still in battle and others who had finished it like himself. They had all seemed to pay their respective dues, the crimson stains against the sand and dirt evidence of such costs. The Chamber King had been bested and he did not need the decisions of the fae to tell him so. When it was finally time he counted them, tallying their number and making sure all were still living. While this was not a battle to the death, sometimes accidents occurred, sometimes tragedies took place but he was glad they had not done so this day. The glint of blue, a shock of reddish brown, the dark horned black, the Chamberlings still breathed and in the end that was all that had mattered to him. The King also took the time to account for the others, the allies, a grullo, a black, the winged bodies of Eight and Marijuana. There was also that odd roan who had pledged himself to the cause simply because he seemed to have some sort of infatuation with Warship. Strange fellow.

He took the loss with what pride he could, nodding his head to the cat-like King of the Falls and taking his leave. Killdare was exhausted to say the least, bloody and sore in places he had not been for some time. He struggled as he walked, sides heaving and jaw clenched tight as blood spattered the ground in his wake. It took him hours to return home, to cross the Chamber borders, body shaking and he almost swayed as he entered. His right ear was all but gone, numb now from pain but he knew it was barely there- he could feel the blood dripping down his jaw.

There are few things he wanted upon his return, the children for one, and Malis. His Malis. He wanted her to know he was okay and he in turn wanted to know she was just as fine. Part of him didn't though, part of the man that was inside was hurt, was embarrassed to have been caught up in such a mess. For what though? He had earned nothing as result and at this point he wasn't even sure that keeping his word to others was end all be all anymore. The bay stood in the shadows at the edges of the Kingdom, too weak now to even cloak himself in his all too familiar layer of rock and lava. It could wait, he could wait, now, now was time for rest.

A call left his lips, just the one, a simple announcing of his return and the return of the others no doubt. They had all followed so willingly, whether to prove their loyalty or just to dip their toes in the fun, still they had come and he could not be more grateful. If nothing else they Chamber had kept its word, had followed through with their alliances and could not be discounted for that.

As he waited he began to feel cold, unusually so, and for a moment he tried to weakly draw the heat to himself. He couldn’t. He clawed at the power, grabbed at it mentally in a feeble and desperate manner. Nothing came, nothing would come. Again and again he reached for his gift only to be answered with silence, with stillness and cold.
    KILLDARE
    King of the Chamber

I don't think my gradient is working, bleh, I'll fix when I get home

Messages In This Thread
    It's dark inside [any] - by Killdare - 07-22-2016, 08:48 AM
    RE: It's dark inside [any] - by Malis - 07-23-2016, 02:19 AM
    RE: It's dark inside [any] - by Nymphetamine - 07-23-2016, 06:42 PM
    RE: It's dark inside [any] - by Killdare - 07-27-2016, 08:19 PM