• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Weir, oh weir has my little dog gone; oh WEIR oh weir could it be!
    WEIR
    His questions are met with a confused uncertainty, the words pulling at the lines of his lips and creases near his eyes as he took them in. There is a haze there in her eyes, a veil of concealment for reasons he doesn’t know. A side effect, the aftermath of his own meddling? There could be many reasons for the mare’s lapse in knowledge, in reality but it was a dangerously thin line. The mind was a complicated being, vast and endless in ways that most equine would not even begin to comprehend. His amber eyes find hers and they hold, delving into their depths but not by magic, by observation only- a glimpse of the inside from the surface.

Paces are replaced with a closeness, one she brings as she steps forward then idles suspended, seeming to not know whether to toss herself into his bubble or remain teetering on the edge of her own. It’s only curiosity and concern he has for her now, more questions falling from her painted lips as she speaks of things she should know- things she for some reason has no answers to. Dream, she says and he wonders if she has suppressed the event somehow, for some reason. “A dream?” he asks, amber eyes narrowing as he contemplates the severity of it all. “Know her? Prague. Very little I’m afraid and less than I had hoped,” his rusty shoulders roll as he speaks of the Amazons magician, trying to push away the very thought of her but he can't, he mustn't.

“You remember the War then Kimber? Prague was there doing what she could to snuff the fires from the burning Gates tree. I helped her, augmented her magic because for some it takes a toll on the body.” Some. Weir’s own gift was just as complicated at times, more often than not the magic did something he didn’t try for and when he didn’t use it for a long time it did hurt him. However, if he kept at it enough it did not claim his energy anymore, didn’t have ill effects and used itself against itself, folding its power inwardly like a circle, constant, continuous. “I’m sorry I didn’t know her intentions better,” he admits, he apologizes because he feels one is owed.

“Come then Kimber, I will tell you what your mind forgets,” with that he bends his invisibility over her, the feeling akin to something like having an egg cracked over your head, the substance dripping down the entirety of your body. When that is down he turns, walks forward with every intention of her following his slow, dawdling pace. “It were no dream you had, we were there. You, Me, Prague and Warship. A very much alive Warship mind you but only just it seemed, he was still weakened but on his way to full recovery I am sure.” Weir was sure, the simple sight of Shippy breathing was enough to instil hope in Weir, hope and certainty that his good friend would make it.

“I don’t know what kind of relationship you had with the Magician mare, had I known I would have insisted you stay behind. At first I thought she meant to help, to heal but that wasn’t the case.” he stopped, looking over the meadow and sighing. “She wanted you dead, the both of you but I wouldn’t stand for it- I couldn’t.” Truthfully it was Warshyshippy he was most concerned for, terrible as that may be to admit, perhaps that is why he did not say it out loud. “I’m no Magician Kimber, not quite, my gift feeds off theirs- it is useless without their harness of the power in the first place. I did what I had to do though, I broke that tether, that desire to take life. I replaced it with my own want to give it instead, to create life, I wanted to heal Warship with her Magic.”

Wanted to, that was what he had intended but that isn't quite what happened. He turned his soft gaze to her, taking on a look of utmost seriousness. “I managed that and something a bit, more. I pulled too hard it would seem, I willed it too much and overpowered the intention of the course without realizing. I gave life Kimber, to Shippy and to myself.” He swung his head then, carrying it low as he turned and lead her towards a new path, one further into the heart of the Dale. The rise and fall of the hills came and went until over one small horizon he stopped, still as a statue, frozen almost but not with his ice. Against the backdrop of the great river and the wide plain of green that was dotted merrily with colorful blooms stood two children. One a boy, blue and black and sending delightful creatures made of hoarfrost to parade around his feet. The other was a girl, dark and familiar even to Weir, the shape of her body, the way she held it. Only one difference was the sparkle of tinsel in her mane and tail, the last breath of Magic from their birth to mark her as his own spent. Even at the face of her brother’s deafness, Weir thought it was important for her to be recognized in the sea of black horses when the time came- but he’s not sure why.
    WINTER IS COMING

Omg it is a novel, i am so sorry ;-; does this story of it all look okay?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weir, oh weir has my little dog gone; oh WEIR oh weir could it be! - by Weir - 07-05-2016, 07:45 AM