• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look at me now
    "Evil requires no reason."
    I take the liver she offers me and savor it. My eyes close briefly in the taste, a smile curling those wolfy lips of mine before she speaks and has all my attention. The smile fades from my face and I study her. I nod slightly as she described it, thinking it was one thing. I could see that, the overprotection, had I not felt it sometimes too? Something lurking where there was nothing. Was that not why I had created the guardian for Tycho? Although I even had my doubts about that being enough. Ryss had me, and while I might not always be there for her if she needed help, all she would need to do was say my name and I would be there before she could finish it.

And wouldn't the torture of the motherfucker that dared to touch my family be a wonderful cathartic release of this tension that is simmering? For me perhaps. For the idiot that touched them...not to much?

I can only nod at her as she talks of what she has found. I had found similar things when I had send out my own feelers. "This is not going to be good." I say after a long moment of silence. Although I smile at the feeling of not being alone. "Same goes Quark. It's nice to have another pair of eyes." Although I wish that it was not our families in the line of fire. Does it seem like it would always be this way? Perhaps the mixture of our families, their past and my darkness hadn't been the smartest idea.

There would always be someone that hated me. Perhaps even someone that always hated Quark. There would always be someone wanting revenge for what we have done. "Our family paying for our sins." I say, almost to myself but there is no doubt she will hear me. I turn my green eyes from hers to look out at the last of the sun, more of it's rays really as it shines over the trees.

"Whatever happens, we will be ready for it. Whoever it comes for, we will be there first." I say, my eyes narrowing at the thought of it before they slide back to her. "We won't allow them to break or to be broken." I pause. "Or you. I won't allow you to be broken." Because my gut had told me it needed to be said.

Oh Ryss. Ryss would be so heartbroken over something happening to her mom. I aim to keep more of an eye on Quark perhaps after today. After this stirring, this fingernails against a chalkboard that set me on edge.

pazuzu

Messages In This Thread
    look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-01-2016, 08:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-02-2016, 11:04 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-04-2016, 10:36 AM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-05-2016, 01:07 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-11-2016, 12:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-11-2016, 02:35 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Quark - 07-15-2016, 06:26 PM
    RE: look at me now - by Pazuzu - 07-22-2016, 08:58 PM