• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. //
    Sorry about disappearing for a couple days - yesterday was birthday and day before was doing yard work. Posting now!

I took in both stallion's words, but did not reply immediately. I pondered over their words, and decided I would explore but not resettle. I did, indeed, require knowledge, experience, and the skills I would learn throughout travels - and was then trapped.

Do I stay through this encounter, or leave now and hope to find him in the Tundra? It is difficult, much more so than I had convinced myself it would be, to decide about this matter. I edged more towards leaving now - it was likely that he would join his new friend - Offspring - in the Tundra.

"I bid you both well. I am heading off soon, before nightfall. I hope you both do well." I say, rather solemnly, eyeing each stallion's eyes first. If there was anything to remember aside from names, it was faces and eyes. If you could remember who has a specific eye color matched with a deformed nostril and crooked ear, then you could find that single horse again.

Names didn't mean much to me, nor titles. But I respect leadership, elders, and those younger than myself. Only if desperately needed shall I trust those equal to myself. I slowly turned away from the two, and headed off at a determined walk - but with a slight limp on my left hind leg. There was no known injury and no defect, but I carried a limp in that leg at the walk. Once I moved past the walk into faster gates, it was fine.

But about four horse-lengths away, I stopped, head down. I never realized how sharp the pain of separation, being alone, and leaving home the first time would be. But this is what would mold me into my adult self - into a respectable mare instead of a young filly. I started forward, this time at a slow trot. I didn't stop until just short of the edge of the forest, and only just in sight of the stallions. I turned to face them before giving a final goodbye - a sad sounding whicker just loud enough to reach their ears before trotting off.

My feet dragged, and I often found myself simply traveling along the edge of the forest - and just off the nearby Kingdom's borders. I realized, as I saw my small, circular hoofprints in the soft ground, that I was heading the way I came again. I couldn't stay but I couldn't leave. Heck, I should've just chose a border and followed it until it ended! But, maybe I wasn't meant to leave yet. Night was darkening, now, and I meandered slightly into the forest - and towards the two stallions - before settling beside a large birch tree for the night.

Messages In This Thread
    You had the world right at your feet. // - by Cai - 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-02-2016, 05:30 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Rael Fire - 07-04-2016, 10:32 AM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-24-2016, 12:32 AM