• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

wolves in our own skin; any
    "You only live once but if you do it right..."
    The questions in her eyes match my curiosity that I feel about her and I cannot help but laugh a little when she voices them all. I smile, settling in for some easy conversation underneath the thick boughs of the forest. "My name is Willa." I begin with the easiest question of the lot. There is a bit of sadness in my smile now as I continue with my short story. "I live here...or the Meadow. My Da is currently visiting other family members far from this place. It's always a journey. Fun the first few times but after that....It's always best when you are just there ya ken?"

I did miss that side of the family, all the aunts and cousins and uncles. And cousins, did I mention them before? There is a whole slew of them on Da's side and every time we go back there is a new fuzzy face that I have to remember. It's fun watching them grow up. We try to make the trip every year but this year Da had decided to stay longer and I had returned on my own. It was the weirdest thing making that same trip by myself.

I shrug a little. "I am glad you are out and about this brisk day. I was rather bored by myself." I say with a smile and turn to look around us. "The weather makes most want to stay holed up in their homes." Noting how the Forest seems more sparsely populated than usual and turn back to her. Back to Dara.

I wouldn't know much about siblings, Da and Mam had decided I was enough and once I was big enough Mam had faded away a little. Being mute made her one quiet lassie even when she didn't make enough noise to scare an elephant (on purpose of course). But I still saw her now and again, she always would check in in that quiet way of hers to make sure I was well. It made me smile a little. I had two parents that tried to do their best with me in their own ways. "So Dara-girl, what do you want to do?" Let's just skip straight to being fast friends and getting into trouble shall we?

"Once is enough."
    Willa

Messages In This Thread
    wolves in our own skin; any - by Dara - 06-28-2016, 01:59 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; any - by Willa - 06-29-2016, 05:46 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; any - by Dara - 07-11-2016, 11:23 AM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; any - by Willa - 07-25-2016, 08:21 PM