• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HERD [MANDITORY]
    Exclamation 
    PHAEDRUS
    Its time…. He’s tense at first not sure what to make of the whole thing. Not sure how to start, or what to do. Then again there was no point to worrying about such things if indeed he was intending on saying anything… especially when no one was present to hear it. So this is where he starts, first he calls for New Romantics, but then when he realizes how long it would take by calling each individual name, he changes his approach and trumpets a call through the land announcing his presence, and hoping that they would all show up, including Josie.

As each come out of the woodwork, and each make themselves known near the creek he stands the large willow draping curtains around their group. He takes a deep breath before letting it out. Uncertainty wreaking havoc in his mind. This would be a new thing for him. And new was never a good thing, he didn’t know what to expect, he had never addressed a group before in his life, never had he any experience asserting leadership. No this was all new, and with a so much confidence, with such a need to be certain before he spoke, even in normal conversation, this was unfamiliar territory. He shifts letting the introductions, and occasional hello’s, the foals to calm themselves, and for them all to become comfortable with one another before he begins.

His first words are tense with nerves, maybe a little higher than his normal droning voice. Thank you all for coming He swallows cotton, as his tongue is to thick, and his throat to dry. I called for this meeting for several reasons, the first one being about Josie. He turns his gaze to the filly he had come to know as his daughter. Are you wanting to join a kingdom? Or herd? I am sure that you are ready to begin this decision. He waits for them to start talking, when this part of the discussion dies down, and things are finally decided he continues, as each of you come to decide what it is you desire to do, come and let me know, we will work to get you where you want to go when the time comes. He smiles gently at them, slowly easing into the role he had chosen when he had decided to take up the herd. Again he waits seeing if there were any questions, or curious minds working right then. Also if the adults want to join a kingdom I do encourage that as well.
    Secondly, our herd is growing larger, and because of that I am not able to spend nearly as much time regardless of what is going on because of this. While this is a pleasing situation for the Dale, I am sure that the scattered small talk is not nearly enough for each individual present. Josie being such proof, that she is beyond the age that I had intended on helping her learn her way about the world. If another Alpha is present, she can assist in this area, along with finding decent herds to make alliances with to provide good and safe homes for the young that will eventually leave this land. This will provide safety for this herd, but also safety for the others as well, giving our young a chance at a safe place should they choose that lifestyle. Also the Dale has several alliances and possibly expanding their alliances as well, so kingdom choice is not limited either.  Also if the Alpha female is able to, she can call you all together to enjoy each other’s company. I want you all to feel comfortable with one another, and able to not have to live in solitude. After all we are all a family here. For these reasons I have been watching over the past years, looking for one that would have enough passion, time, compassion, initiative, and wise thinking to perform these tasks. It’s a heavy load, and one that I don’t want to put on one without careful consideration first. Thus far, Besra has displayed all of these things, and if the rest of you are in agreement I believe that she would be well suited to be entrusted with the care of the herd when I am off on kingdom duties, or otherwise indisposed. As I must confess I cannot keep up with everything all the time.
    Again he stops, sweat beading on his coat, this was the second time he had been required to speak so much, but it was all necessary and not something that he would begrudge doing. Just he was grateful for the momentary break, waiting for reactions, listening as others gave their input, wondering if there was anyone else that would like to take up the position. Hoping that this would not cause contention within the group. After a decision is arrived on he takes a breath and steps towards the foals reaching out his face to playfully nip and engage them. He includes Josie in this fun, regardless of her age, because he still saw her as his daughter. The bobcat in the trees joins them pouncing next to the nearest foal only to mewl her approval of playtime. She crouches her tail swatting at the grasses and she bats her soft paw towards Josie reminding her that even if she was larger now she was still the same little filly that would curl herself up into the spirit animal.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[Besra]
    @[New Romantics]
    @[Vakarian]
    @[Zaravich]
    @[Gyps]

Messages In This Thread
    ALL HERD [MANDITORY] - by Phaedrus - 06-15-2016, 11:53 PM
    RE: ALL HERD [MANDITORY] - by Zaravich - 06-16-2016, 08:49 PM
    RE: ALL HERD [MANDITORY] - by Josie - 06-16-2016, 09:06 PM
    RE: ALL HERD [MANDITORY] - by Gyps - 06-18-2016, 10:00 AM
    RE: ALL HERD [MANDITORY] - by Besra - 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM