• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Killdare/Malis]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

Not once had the Chamber wolf actively sought out Killdare, or any kingdom member in particular really. He’d spent his time here when it was necessary, but preferred these days to be outside of the inner-kingdom ordeals. Politics and succession had never intrigued him the way it had Dacia but lately, the mare who’d (unlike Lupei) spent all of her time within the borders was suddenly being found more often than naught outside of the Chamber’s confines. At first, he’d thought nothing of it. She’d given birth to twins - after looking over his own with Zojja at his side he’d been more than understanding about needing one’s space sometimes. Now though, now it was not about the boys, nor the need to ‘get away’. It was something much more intriguing.

He’d found her lurking on the beach of his empty herdland, staring out over the sea with an unusually sour expression to match. “I’m leaving.” He’d told her. “My sons have grown, Zojja has gone. I gave these lands willingly to Chemdog.” He’d explained, expecting something close to surprise light up her eyes. Instead, there was nothing. “Then go.” She’d said, turning her tail and heading further down the beach. Once upon a time, Lupei would’ve let her go. But age has softened him, and so he’d done what any concerned brother would do and he’d prodded her for information.

When she’d finished explaining, he was already wolf and already on the move, backtracking through the pines to seek out the slimy toad of a king. With nose pressed to the ground and an energy he hadn’t felt in years, the black beast loped his way right into the heart of the kingdom - the same spot where the flaming tree stood, and planted himself there, waiting as the burning plant cast a shadow across his raised scruff. “Killdare!” He called, baritone hovering into a howl that was cut short by a snarl. Where was his beloved monarch hiding? The anger that his sibling had suppressed rolled over him in visible waves of blue flame, sparking in bright bursts of light along his spine. “KILLDARE.” The bellow rang out, a demand rather than a request.

Lupei wasn’t in the mood to wait.

Messages In This Thread
    Who painted the lion? [Killdare/Malis] - by Lupei - 06-08-2016, 12:39 AM