• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take me away; Novel, any

From the start, he had been independant.  It wasn't as if he was running away from anything -- actually, things were pretty great at home.  His mom, Desirea, was a kind and doting mother, and his papa, Szeth, was equally loving.  It was a happy home in their sandy seaside world -- but Sin Killer, as he had been named, had always loved adventuring, and discovering new places was beginning to take him further and further from home.

Having been born on the coast, where lush grazing patches were small and needed to be looked for, he was already on his way to being very self-sufficient.  For the most part, he still relied on his mother's milk.  But he had fun seeking out the patches of grass that tasted sweetest to nibble on, and he was quickly learning what to look for.

It was something of a shock, then, when he came upon the meadow.  Never had he seen such a wide open plain full of sweet grass.  The foal nibbled uncertainly at a few blades, confirming to himself that he had really found such a treasure trove, and then gave a little squeal of excitement.  

With a sudden burst of energy, the long-legged foal went dashing about, running as fast as his stilt-like legs could carry him.  Around and around he went, in smaller and smaller circuits, giggling to himself and breathing the scent of the grass and the air.  Then all at once he stopped, and the world kept spinning without him, twirling and confusing which way he was supposed to put his legs.  

He fell down onto his belly in a dizzied heap, still giggling softly to himself.  From there he rolled over onto his back, long legs half-splayed toward the sky, and watched the world slowly come back to rest.

Stock credit: lumibear @ dA

Messages In This Thread
    Take me away; Novel, any - by Sin Killer - 06-06-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Novel - 06-08-2016, 03:24 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Sin Killer - 06-12-2016, 10:23 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Novel - 06-15-2016, 05:09 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Sin Killer - 06-15-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Novel - 06-16-2016, 02:03 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Sin Killer - 06-18-2016, 03:06 PM
    RE: Take me away; Novel, any - by Novel - 06-21-2016, 02:33 PM