• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The shine in my heart; birthing
    She immediately accepts his choice of name, and he breathes a tiny sigh of relief. It’s an unusual name to be sure, but it just feels so right considering what he’s trying to build here - a place where the ordinary can be free from the world’s greatest sin.

His eyes narrow as Desirea’s mouth opens in a yawn, and she shakes herself in an apparent bid to clear her mind. She must be exhausted, the poor mare. He knows little of the process of birth, but he has no doubt that it is tiring. It had certainly seemed so for his mother when Hidatsa was born.

Desirea implies as much when she finally speaks up, suggesting that she needs sleep. “Of course my dear, you must be exhausted after all of that. Go ahead and have a nap - I’ll keep an eye on little Sin Killer here.” He smiles gently as she thanks him for being here. “I wouldn’t dream of being anywhere else Desirea.” He nuzzles her gently, then steps back, giving her space.

His brown eyes turn to the boy, and he smiles when he notices that the boy’s eyes are drooping as well. Little Sin steps over to his mother, then flops down at Desirea’s side. Szeth steps forward again to nuzzle at the boy. “Sweet dreams little one.” He stands there for a moment, watching the both of them as they drift off into sleep. A year ago he couldn't have imagined this, but, here they are. His own, perfect little family. He couldn't be happier.
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Messages In This Thread
    The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-04-2016, 12:59 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-12-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-17-2016, 12:17 AM