• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred

He is largely clueless when it comes to just about everything in life. He hasn't had much opportunity to experience most things Beqanna has to offer. He'd been born to a mother who wandered more than she had stood still, and he hadn't previously been too interested in following a different path. But his brief foray into a kingdom has brought home just how much he is missing. And just how much he would probably like having a real home.

Ultimately though, he has absolutely no experience in this area of life. He had been a rather awkward colt who has grown into an equally awkward stallion. With no history in diplomacy and zero people (or horsey, I suppose) skills, the best he can do is shuffle his feet uncomfortably and wonder what the hell is supposed to come next.

”Viiii,” he says, drawing her name out a bit as he tests it on his tongue. It seems a good solid name to him. He could imagine saying it every day.

”Nice to meet you,” he finishes lamely. Yes, definitely talented and charming is our boy Astray.

Of course, to look at him, he isn't necessarily much either. Rather drab all the way around, in fact. With his medium build, unimpressive height, and dusty black coat, he won't be winning any beauty pageants. His eyes, with their unique silver color, are rather nice, and his gift, when in use, can be somewhat impressive, but those are about the only things he has going for him.

All in all, nothing truly impressive to inspire a pretty young mare like Vi to accompany him to a home he doesn't even have yet.

But, well, he'd gotten himself into this mess, might as well take it all the way, right?

”So do you want to come home with me?” he blurts out before he can rethink his plan. Except that didn't come out quite right. ”I mean, to my herd. Welllll, sorta. You're the only one… the first, actually. But it'll be nice. I mean, gotta find a place. But then it'll be nice.”

He has to force himself to stop at this point. After that first question, he had mostly just started babbling. Seriously, what the hell Astray? Pull yourself together man.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred - by Astray - 05-20-2016, 11:09 PM