• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

have you got colour in your cheeks? - anyone
    Something about what Nihlus had said resonated with me. I do have a small life. And while I enjoy my life the way that is already is, perhaps I could be doing something more. I am not bold enough for any major decisions, so I do what everyone has already done, and I make my way to the Meadow.

The trees are beginning to change color here, and I am reminded of the autumn in the Dale. It has been years since I have seen tries with such a fiery palate, so for a long while I simply stand in the shade of a copse of yellow-leaved aspens and observe. There is a bit of a nip in the air despite the bright afternoon sunshine, and my pale coat is extremely thin. I consider leaving, but then what would have been the point of this whole venture – to look at the leaves?

No, I decide, I should probably at least talk to someone new.

I know most horses in the Desert, and presumably most of the horses here in the Meadow will be strangers. Perhaps here I can blend in, and I will not be looked at with pity and soothed for a pain I do not truly feel. Blend in, I think as I look around at the population of the Meadow, might be more difficult than I had thought. Though my curling horns are the only mythic thing about me, I am tall and broad and pale, eighteen hands tall with the bulk to match. Though I had not inherited the black (and black and white) coats of my parents, I do have my mother’s spots, though mine are red instead of the black that my brother and sisters have.

I step away from the shelter of the beech copse, knowing that being in the center of things will probably make it easier to find someone to talk to. I look around curiously, and despite my potentially menacing size, I am smiling and my hazel eyes are warm.

Messages In This Thread
    have you got colour in your cheeks? - anyone - by Kreios - 04-16-2015, 05:03 PM