• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

He is practically a stranger now. It has been years since they have last heard each other’s voice or even breathed the same air. Her skin tingles underneath his touch as she wonders how easily she melts into him after so long. Should their compassion one another still be so strong? They’ve led separate lives and have experienced different obstacles. They have either strengthened or weakened since being apart; they’ve changed, and yet when Cerva looks at her brother she still sees him as a young boy. They shared the womb together. They shared mother’s sweet milk. They shared everything until the day life broke them apart. A smile tugs at the corners of her lips as she realizes that, yes, they should always love one another.

Nothing should ever truly break them apart.

With a grin still adorning her pretty face she dips her head humorously, ”And I accept your great apology, sir.” Her voice is honeyed but sharp, her eyes twinkling. Perhaps Nihlus hasn’t changed quite as much as she originally thought. As her vines descend back to the ground Cerva takes note of the slight change in his demeanor when he mentions Carnage. ”Wh—“ she begins to ask, but the topic is quickly dismissed. ”Well, hopefully it wasn’t too traumatic,” it doesn’t seem to have been based on the way he is acting, but the concern for him is still there, still beating on the glass when she looks at him.

”At least you have a home.” The response slips from her more somberly than she had anticipated. The beat of her heart flutters suddenly and her lips purse into a thin line. Was it too much to admit that the former princess no longer even has a home? Would he pass judgment that she has fallen into the shadows even worse than he? A lump forms in her throat that she tries to swallow. ”I met a boy, but it seems so long ago and I haven’t seen him since.” A shrug ripples through her lean shoulders. Why should anyone stay with her? She is nothing in comparison to mother. She seems incapable of holding onto anything – or anyone – for very long. ”That’s about all the excitement I’ve seen. So much for making our parents proud.” There is a small amount of hurt writhing in her voice and in the sigh that passes from her lips.

Cerva

Ahh! So sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Cerva - 04-03-2016, 11:06 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 04-03-2016, 03:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 04-04-2016, 07:12 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 04-12-2016, 06:43 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 04-28-2016, 03:40 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 05-08-2016, 12:39 AM