• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“i hear my name on the wind” -- herds, or chamber

Everything is going his way.

The golden stallion is still smiling as he makes his way into the field, his mind still back in the Mourning Mountains. Back with his two brand new sons, his new daughter and their still recovering mothers.

His stroke of luck has not changed - it’s been yet another good year for him. His pathetic mother is dead, his little herd is still growing, his apprentice is finally starting to show his worth, and he’d shown his own worth in the war against the Gates.

But why stop there?

His red eyes focus once more on the the field around him. Five mares to a herd is nice, but he could always do with more. And even if he can’t find a mare for his herd, he can always try to find a recruit for the Chamber.

He zeroes in on a bloodmarked fleabitten grey, as yet unapproached by the many other stallions and recruiters in the field. She’s passably pretty, though a bit older than he would have wished. Still, she’s worthy enough to potentially bear his future children. Or serve in the Chamber instead.

Once upon a time he would have played nice, putting on a charming facade to convince her to join his herd, but now he doesn’t bother with pretence. He’s not desperate anymore - while a sixth mare would be nice, it’s not like his herd will die out if some white knight swoops in to ‘rescue’ her.

But, while he doesn't lay on the charm, he isn’t particularly aggressive either. He’s simply … himself. Predatory. “And what might you be searching for?” His red eyes note the red stains beneath her eyes. How curious. “I’m Zayn.”

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “i hear my name on the wind” -- herds, or chamber - by Zayn - 03-07-2016, 02:11 PM