• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - warship and killdare

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

She doesn’t understand why everyone else hates the ravens so much. They are lovely creatures, really. Most just don’t think so, but that’s because they don’t really look. Of course, Straia doesn’t care what everyone else thinks. She’s still going to use them to do her bidding. It sort of amuses her that everyone else dislikes them so. She might even tell her ravens to be purposefully annoying on occasion. Maybe. Not that she’s going to admit to that one.

Both Killdare and Warship arrive rather prompty (likely to shut up the birds, more than anything else). Killdare asks if they can use the entites to their advantage, and Straia offers him a pleased smile. It is a good idea, certainly, though sadly impossible. “The entities align to the kingdoms themsleves. They will protect their land and the horses that serve them in times of need. But sadly, we cannot use the entities to our advantage. We can only weaken them.”

She pauses for a moment, contemplating. “Perhaps though, if Evrae weakens one kingdom, that power will feed to the Chamber? It’s all shared magic now, but if no one else has it…” she trails off and shrugs, having no idea if that will even remotely work. But it’s worth mentioning to Evrae. Maybe something would come of it.

Warship speaks up, and Straia follows him willingly, curious what his foray into purgatory had done. Weaver has told her the story, told her that Warship saved her more than once. And Weaver had come back with the ancient blue rune of Death etched into her chest, and the ability to bring the dead back to life. What had Warship come back with?

It isn’t long before they see. Warship hadn’t escaped Death, as Weaver had. He had been cursed by it. She simply nods as he speaks, eyes looking him over as he dies bit by bit. He looks so much like Rodrik, barely horse at all. Oh, how many monsters lurk within the depths of the Chamber. “I believe I owe you a thank you, Warship. Weaver told me all about it.” She says, strangely serious for her. But of course, he has protected her daughter, and while she may not be an overbearing, protective mother, she loved her children fiercely. Just as much as she loved the Chamber. She turns to Killdare then, adding, "Should something happen to me, the Chamber is yours." Because she knows her head is on the table here. But as long as the Chamber is cared for, and her children are fine, there's nothing more she needs.

“We’ll bring the war here. I’ll call the kingdom and let them know.”

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

@[Killdare] -- because I edited and forgot a thing....in case you already read this

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - warship and killdare - by Straia - 02-22-2016, 10:36 AM