• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And Hades was following him... FINAL ROUND
    The shattering of the seal is a dull explosion in the distance, but there is no mistaking the glee on Famine's face at its demise. The girl I had tried to shelter disappears beneath me, and I hope that wherever she is that she is safe. Something even more terrible is coming, something that flashes through the trees with an eerie blue glow.

We all heed the warning despite its source, turning to flee towards the shattered seal (which is also towards the coming terror). I follow behind the  chestnut colt, and my longer strides are hampered enough by my injuries that we keep nearly the same pace. I fall behind at the sound of gnashing teeth, only to stumble and fall as something shoves my hubs end to the side. I squeal, the pain of sharp twigs pressing into my torn shoulder is excruciating.

When I rise, Conquest's yellow eyes are too close, and my left haunch where he has shoved against me is covered in blisters. The pain should be excruciating, but the real world flashes around me as I struggle to my feet, and I know its nearness weakens the demon's power. I get up and run again, heading towards the meadow where the seal had shattered. I do not even know I have found a bit of it until I feel the weight of it settle in my chest - I must have stepped on it. Ahead of me I see the flickering blue light that surrounds a creature more terrible than the others, and a few paces ahead of it, I see Rhonen.

I should turn, run in the opposite direction, gather more bits of the seal to trap the demons in this Purgatory.

Instead I charge ahead, and the last thing I see before the darkness takes me is the surprise in Death's eyes as I plow my shoulder into his in a final attempt to give Rhonen more time.

ooc: so this was nice and long and pretty, but then my borrowed laptop crashed and I'm writing this on my phone which has 4% power :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And Hades was following him... FINAL ROUND - by Kreios - 01-27-2016, 05:48 PM