• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and he told me i was holy;; cordis.
    it's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    Defiance is rearing its head once again, and she doesn’t know what to do. She is afraid, afraid to move too far from him, afraid that he will follow her if she does; she fears that she will get a little ways and hear that sound, feather and bone scraping the earth (the sound of her nightmares, the few times she has managed to get some sleep).
    She wants to just walk away, but she feels drawn to him - some sort of substitute for the mother she abandoned (how many foals leave their parents? It it certainly unusual; it tends to be the adults who discard their young as if a living, breathing child is something to just be thrown away). She both reveres and rejects him; but the rejection is so small, it can never win - a tiny flame that the darkness threatens to extinguish at first chance.
    It seems as though she is the tiny flame and he is the darkness.

She has to force herself to leave his side - the anxiety and the effort make her invisibility even less controllable, and the brightly coloured filly is visible one minute, then disappears the next. (She has tried, so hard, to learn how to wield her power - thinking it may help her to escape him - but the more she exerts herself, the more the wants so desperately to leave him, the worse her grip is; it seems the world is laughing at her.) But she has to do this (remembering, only days ago, that her first thoughts were of adventure); she cannot live trapped here, with him (oh, but she can).

She doesn’t get far, but it’s enough. She feels as though she has been released; the air tastes a little bit sweeter, the sun shines a little bit brighter. She has left him behind and she feels like she can do anything (but he is here, following; out of sight and out of hearing; maybe she can’t do anything).
    She is free to do as she pleases.
    (She will likely come to regret that thought.)
    ELVE

@[Cordis]

Messages In This Thread
    and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 01-12-2016, 01:28 PM
    RE: and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 01-25-2016, 01:37 PM
    RE: and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 02-02-2016, 07:06 AM
    RE: and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 02-06-2016, 09:33 AM
    RE: and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM
    RE: and he told me i was holy;; cordis. - by elve - 03-19-2016, 09:47 AM