• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are coming home; anyone

the cat and the fiddle

Well it seemed that war would be upon them shortly. How juicy the gossip would be, the ringing wails of mares over their loved ones corpses. How dear to the heart the bitter vengence of women scorned. The burning anger of foals loosing parentage. The next generation would be scarred, the reaping would be sweet and gory. The children would run scared into the shadows. Maybe a few would dare to speak up. Some might even try to rival the hatred and passify the younglings into peace, but there would never be peace. Living in beqanna, peace was a term for lulls in the storms. Where the dead went silent and the young slept in their mothers wombs. until they wakened in the cold, motherless, and fathers bloody with battle. The dead crying out and shaking the earth with their tormented woes.

When the magicians awake and the world is turned upside down. That is when the peace is over, that is when the souls of beqanna grow restless. That is when the truth of their nature rings and the pacification no longer works. The peace loving mongrels would always loose int he end. Always they would find themselves on the bottom of the ladder. Weak, undesirable, sucluded.

Her lips quirk into a smile at his dry humor. Perhaps, or possibly Gallows would tell me... She stops, finding the phrase akward to say the least. After all she was the person that had kicked this man off his throne. With her mind reading ability the mare had weaved her way into Hestia's heart as a dear friend, and guide. She knew herself and knew that without Gallows, she would have never been able to raise the children properly. Quickly the subject changes and she hopes the strain is gone. She had not meant to say that, not in the least, but it was to late now.

Yes that is true. I do know you. She reaches her soft muzzle out to him in sympathy. I am not one to apologize to. I myself find that I lack in attentiveness. Often getting more lost in my own thoughts and world then I should. She bites her lip. It isn't often that she confesses her faults to others, but he needed to know that he wasn't the only one falling short. They had loved him as king, regardless of faults.

She pauses a moment, age taking her mind, and sending her away, when his voice brings her back to the present. The Valley fares well. Considering, there has not been much activity. I think they are all waiting for the war to begin. You know you are always welcome back. They have replaced the wall. I guess that it was frightening the diplomats, and such. There was talk of a wolf pack. I guess they are using the magic of the wall to create one? I am not sure my memory blurrs. She chortles at this. Then he asks about her.

Her features shadow over, she was feeling her age, she could feel the change taking over her body. Being a mother has taken its toll, she quips. It is worrisome to her, how much longer would she have? Would she even get to watch the war? She honestly couldn't be sure. The only joy she had in life, watching the suffering, and toil of others; and here she was feeling to old to even watch. She could even see a few strands of grey in her coat. She could at least now say that she had held a wonderful life.

You could even go as far as saying that she was READY to pass on. She could feel it in her bones, her body didn't want to stay, the broken tired soul wanted to rest. She shakes her mane, loosing the thoughts for a moment. What about yourself? How have you been? She twitched her tail hearing the distant howl of a wolf pack.

At that moment, a squeal could be heard Eeep! A small black frame tumbling out of the bushes. Kryten! Hestia gasps, slightly embarrased by her sons entrance. He blinks up at them a little wide eyed.

I.. I.... who's that moma she blushes, looking between Demian, and her son. Well this is Damien, Damien this is Kryten, Fennicks and my son. Just her luck, she had to bring up Gallows, now she had her son trailing after her? She could only guess that his worrisome father would be tagging along shortly. Unless of course Eona was keeping him so busy that his head would be twisted into his own butt when they got back. I guess you get to meet the family after all. She smiles hoping that she hadn't made a complete fool of herself in her short meeting of the king.

After all, she still respected him, and in a way loved him, just as she loved all the Valley.

Hestia

The living dead

Messages In This Thread
    the dead are coming home; anyone - by demian - 12-31-2015, 09:29 PM
    RE: the dead are coming home; anyone - by Hestia - 01-02-2016, 08:34 PM
    RE: the dead are coming home; anyone - by demian - 01-02-2016, 10:17 PM
    RE: the dead are coming home; anyone - by Hestia - 01-10-2016, 10:58 PM
    RE: the dead are coming home; anyone - by Pollock - 01-12-2016, 01:29 PM