• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; shah

All things are possible, even the worst of things.

If there is anyone that he holds no secrets from, it is she. Granted, he has few secrets, nor has he ever been very good at keeping them, but with her, there are no faces he needs to wear, no truths he needs to omit. Nor could he ever. She engenders too much feeling in him, too much trust, for him to ever have a hope of keeping a secret from her. So when the question is wrenched into the air, breaking against his eardrums with resounding wrongness, he cannot help his reaction. Drawing back, his velvety brown eyes find hers, wide with surprise.

Never.

The word is uttered with astonishing force and vehemence. There can be no question as to the honesty of his answer. He presses back into her again, longing only to pull her close, to share with her the truth that mere words cannot portray. He might be many things, but he could no more abandon her than he could lie to her. For a moment, he thinks on the vagaries of fate, on how she had come to be so much to him in such a short amount of time. Perhaps it is fate, or perhaps it is simply circumstance. Regardless, she had somehow managed to wedge herself firmly into his heart.

He had thought his heart to broken to let anyone else in, but she had proven him so very wrong.

A soft sigh escapes his lips when she settles back into his embrace, his relief at her acquiescence palpable. For a moment, he had feared she might draw away, might foster distance between them. It is a thought he simply cannot countenance. Her words settle his fears, drawing a smile to his dark lips.

Me too.

He whispers the words against her neck, soft and full of wistfulness.

Me too.

His smile deepens when she confirms her motherhood, his dark eyes seeking out hers, a faint hint of his old self sparkling within those immeasurable depths. His delight is followed by a sudden and intense longing, causing his smile to fade slightly. He has always wanted children of his own, tiny creatures who he could play with and tutor, but never before had he known such a deep desire for that seemingly distant dream. Perhaps it is simply the mention of her own children, or perhaps it is because he had finally found someone he could envision as a mother to not just her children, but their children.

He is momentarily absorbed in the turmoil of his own thoughts, his own desires, when she mentions the shadows. His shadows. His first instinct is to withdraw in alarm. Those shadows had been his enemy for so long. It is only recently he had learned to embrace them, had come believe they were not merely a symptom of his stained soul. But she eases his fears in that way so uniquely hers, drawing him back in with her unwitting absolution. He relaxes against her as her golden gaze caresses his face, the corners of his lips turning upwards once more.

When he finally speaks, responding to her open warmth and honesty, he says the first thing that comes to mind.

Ilka. I… I want children.

The moment the words leave his lips, he mentally kicks himself. For a man who had once been so silver-tongued, he sure is having trouble saying the right things.

shahrizai

hestoni x scorch

Please excuse the word vomit :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fault lines tremble underneath my glass house; shah - by Shahrizai - 02-24-2016, 12:21 AM