• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could feel it all for you; [Ramiel/Any]
    this would be a great place for a quote

It doesn’t bother her (much) that Marjorie doesn’t have time to answer her questions. She has plenty of time to get her answers. More interesting is the way her mother reacts to the next voice that joins them. Kellyn tenses, but almost immediately relaxes. The kind of relaxed that Cassie is used to her mother only expressing safe at home in the Tundra – so instinctively, she associates the stallion with safety as well.

The girl is quiet while Kellyn stumbles over a few sentences, watching Ramiel from where she stands between Kellyn and Marjorie.  There is something about Ramiel that reminds her of herself, of Kellyn, though he hasn’t done anything outwardly suspicious. The purple girl glances towards the two ghosts who seem to pop up around her mother a lot, looking for their reaction to the strangers. She has learned already to use them as a better judge of danger than Kellyn herself – Bethanie tends to get angry with Kellyn, while Sorenson tends to worry. They’ve come today, but their ease puts the girl at ease.

She wonders if he can see them too. Her grandfather and her great-grandfather can’t. Cassie has learned not to talk to the ghosts in front of others, not strangers.

“Mom says you know about the other place,” she tells Ramiel, not worried in the slightest about the fact that her mother had also said he was a King, or what his being a King might mean for how they should treat him. Cassie has not yet gone across to the other place on purpose – though she has wandered there on accident. It was lucky that Sorenson could help her find her way back, because a panicked Kellyn had been left behind, knowing where her daughter had gone but unable to follow. Kellyn had told her not to go back until she knew how to get home, but it wasn’t something Cassady had much control over – sometimes she is simply here, and then there. “And the Tundra is boring.”

She may have moments of maturity, but she is yet a child.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could feel it all for you; [Ramiel/Any] - by Cassady - 01-21-2016, 12:50 AM