• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could feel it all for you; [Ramiel/Any]
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

Kellyn is correct in her assumption – as soon as Cassady catches up to the two mares, she is plastering the stranger with bright questions, with her curiosity. But Marjorie is not forced to answer, and Kellyn is not forced to decide whether to curb her daughter’s enthusiasm, because another voice floats almost immediately across the distance, a friendly ‘Hello’ that draws the attention of each member of the trio in turn.

Her polite, guarded smile turns something truer when she locks hazel eyes on the approaching figure. It’s just a smidgen warmer, reaching all the way into her own bright gaze. With Marjorie, despite any of Kellyn’s intentions, her smile had been simply the expected societal politeness. At least she had learned that much – with her upbringing, it would not have been surprising if she had failed to learn even of the most basic niceties. “Ramiel,” she responds to his question with a nod, not bothering to analyze the relief that has filled her.

She doesn’t want to think about what she would have done if he had not been here anymore. Taking sanctuary in this place, with him, is a surety she doesn’t want to have to question. Not her own motives or the underlying insecurities – and he makes it breathlessly easy. He is welcoming, extending them offer of safety without hesitation. “I’m sorry about last time,” she mutters, self-conscious about the way she had come and gone like the shadow of a passing cloud. “I couldn’t.” She doesn’t expand on what she ‘couldn’t’ do, her eyes flicking to Marjorie and back uncomfortably. “I do plan on staying, though. It’s better, this time.”

And it is. It’s not good – perhaps her life was never meant to be good – but it’s better. And she must not be messing anything up too spectacularly, because her ghostly cousins are silent, not far (they are never far, Kellyn has noticed) but they are not interrupting. “This is Marjorie,” she draws his attention first to the other pink mare, her face cautious but not yet judgemental. “Uh – we just met, looking for you.” She can’t claim Marjorie as a friend, but that social nicety thing tells her that isn’t really a requirement. “And my daughter, Cassady.”

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

ooc; no worries life comes first <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could feel it all for you; [Ramiel/Any] - by Kellyn - 01-21-2016, 12:22 AM