• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We never say never [any]

peel away the layers till you're nothing and no one

She’s glad that her sister has not picked up on her frustration. With her wondrous ability, Potion must be their father’s favourite, and it would be bad for her to be on the girl’s bad side.

But while she can hide the anger, she can’t get rid of it. It festers beneath the surface, egged on even more by Potion’s open and friendly attitude. The girl has no idea what she’s taken from Kirke, none at all.

But there’s nothing she can do about it, not yet, not now. She’s too young to be useful yet. But she will be in time.

“Of course he does!” Though it seems that perhaps he does not, at least not to the extent he discusses with Potion. She knows of her siblings, but she certainly hadn’t known of Potion’s ability. It’s the sort of thing you would discuss with daughters you consider to be important … right?

“I certainly hope so!” If she could fly through the fog like father she could be so much more useful to him, patrolling their borders and the surrounding territories. Maybe she could even help in his dealings with the Valley, and in the raiding parties to bring back more gifted horses for breeding stock. “Yes, I want to be the best.” She accidentally slips in a little emphasis. What she would do to gain more of father’s favour …

But not at this sister’s expense.

Potion politely thanks her for keeping the secret (though it still rankles that it had been kept from her in the first place), and agrees to a game. “I was thinking hide and seek, but I didn’t even think about chasing the seals.” Her little face twists into a grimace when Potion says that Uncle Kult had burned one. Kirke has no taste for violence like some of the children of Khaos, though she at least can understand the need for it. It’s important for them to keep their skills honed in case they should be attacked. “Oh second thoughts, maybe just hide and seek for now.” She doesn’t want to think about the burned body as they chase them around. “I can be it first if you like?”

kirke

Messages In This Thread
    We never say never [any] - by Potion - 12-13-2015, 02:28 PM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Kirke - 12-14-2015, 01:36 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Potion - 12-14-2015, 01:41 PM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Kirke - 01-07-2016, 07:41 PM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Potion - 01-13-2016, 09:04 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Kirke - 01-25-2016, 02:18 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Potion - 01-27-2016, 09:57 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Kirke - 02-07-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Potion - 02-20-2016, 09:40 AM
    RE: We never say never [any] - by Kirke - 02-25-2016, 02:14 AM