• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seal my heart and break my pride; woolf
    MUNROE.
    He was still quite shaken from his unexpected time traveling ordeal. The wild child briefly wondered why his life seemed to be riddled with harrowing events – his tragic beginning to life, his unwilling separation from Ima, his still mostly repressed quest, and finally this latest non-consensual experience.

It was as if the fates had it out for him.

But then he remembered all the joy and love that Ima had given to him. He remembered the friendship that both Refr and Shual freely shared with him. And he remembered the comfortable familiarity that the desert provided him. There were always good things to life as well; they were free for the taking if only one was patient enough.

His hazel eyes were ever watchful now – glaring at all others who even came within five feet of him. The wild child felt he couldn’t take any more excitement for the day. He was also staving off all touching from random strangers from now on as that apparently leads to other universes and worlds. Munroe was quite comfortable in the here and now. He didn’t feel the need to explore past what his capabilities were.

The wild child wasn’t a stranger to magic. Ima was magical and did many wondrous things such as allowing his fox friends to speak to him. Plus she had the most billowy wings of gold which held him close when he needed the comfort. Her magic was warm and soothing and cradled him during the darkest of times. But all the other magic that he has come into contact with was meant to disrupt and disconcert.

The wild child hoped to avoid any more strange magic as he tried to retreat back to the sands. He was almost to the line of trees that lined the outside edges of the large clearing. Munroe slinked closer and closer, successfully scaring off most of the strangers who had even taken one step towards his direction regardless if they had intended to approach him or not.

But, of course, nothing ever went the way he planned.

And one individual coolly stood in his path just as he had reached the safety of the trees.

Messages In This Thread
    seal my heart and break my pride; woolf - by munroe - 11-23-2015, 10:52 PM