• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love is a temporary madness... {Birthing, any}
    love is a temporary madness...
    It seems, in the end, the Dale calls everyone home. Elyseria had been born within these borders, many many years ago. She does not recall that time as her mother had left shortly after, taking her newborn daughter with her. Her memories of her mother, though distant, still ring clearly in her head. She resembles her so very much after all. But what she remembers of her mother is not all happy. After the events that had led to Elysteria’s conception, Joythief had been but shadow of her former self. Not that the red mare had known her before then, but she had caught glimpses of the once happy woman Joythief had been. Those memories had always driven her, reminding her why it is so important to remain strong, why it is so important to remain kind even in the face of all the evils of the world.

But that is all ancient history. She had been through so much since those long ago days. But in the end, she had returned to the Dale. Though she had not realized it at the time, its sweet song had called to her. It had finally given her the home she had always longed for. Its residents had welcomed her warmly. And now, as their ranks had thinned, they had grown close. Its members had become more of a family to her than any she had had before. It had given her purpose in her life again, brought a joy she thought she had lost long ago. And for that, she would protect them with her last breath if need be.

Having experienced the open embrace that is the Dale, Elysteria could completely understand why the mare had chosen to return. A warm smile resting easily upon her lips, she gazes at Clytemnestra with welcome in her eyes.

“We are delighted to have you back. You are of course more than welcome to stay.”

Grinning at Talulah’s words, she turns her gaze to the metal mare. Dropping her dark nose, she breathes a soft sigh over her sleeping filly. Raising her head once again, she nods at the mare, her russet eyes sparkling with happiness.

“You shall be the first I call, should I need a break. And I hope that you will do the same.”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

Messages In This Thread
    I'm a layer of ivory on your clothes - by clytemnestra - 04-06-2015, 08:55 AM
    we are homeward bound; birthing - by Talulah - 04-08-2015, 01:41 AM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 04-08-2015, 09:17 PM
    RE: love is a temporary madness... {Birthing, any} - by clytemnestra - 04-10-2015, 06:56 AM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 04-14-2015, 12:05 PM