• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm meaner than my demons, and bigger than these bones; any

Snow. It sticks to what she can claim of a mane, soothes the raw skin that opens along the edges of her scars, her flesh an endless field of volcanic ash demarcated with the fault of her sores. The edges of her ears are crinkled, shrunken inwards, filtering the wind past them though it would not have mattered anyway. There was nothing to hear. The wind and her heartbeat, the wind and her heartbeat, the wind and her heartbeat. Her hooves drag regular, straight lines through the snow as she climbs. She is freezing. Eventually the pure, glittering colorness of her surroundings is marred by what she leaves behind, blood dripping over chest from a sore for the snow to drink.

She imagines it in half-section, a drop suspended in water, curling jellyfish-like, tributaries a mockery of her veins.

She doesn't look up until she's reached the top of the mountain. They fascinated her. Quiet. Unreachable. Ancient. 'I'll just take a look,' she said to herself. And yet there she was, frozen and smiling. Beqanna opened up beneath her, kingdoms and herds alive ant-like and milling at her feet. Their daily dramas, the lives she watched play out in front of her every day - miniaturized. And in the center of it all the Meadow - her Meadow.

She looks up from that very Meadow now, gaze locked on the peak of a mountain far off in Beqanna's distance. Wasn't it funny? In her mind she'd been to every corner of Beqanna, explored every desert and hidden waterfall. She knew the taste of the water cupped in the jungle's enormous leaves, had felt the shifting crunch of the tundra's snow under her hooves.

She'd never left the Meadow.
    She liked to daydream.

Night was falling, the sun lowering in a final brilliant flare, violet-orange on the mountain's apex before dying in a dark-purple deepening. As soon as it was safely gone, Anhedonia left the safety of the forest surrounding the Meadow, shed her cover, and moved out to find something to eat.

Anhedonia

i've grown familiar with villains that live in my head
    they beg me to write them so they'll never die when i'm dead

OOC: So I was basically too excited to post to wait until I finished her bio, but just a little background to explain her situation. Anhe has alopecia so she's mostly bald save for a few patches of coat and mane, both black. She has no tail save for the boney part. She's photosensitive so she mostly only comes out at night, and stalks people from the woods during the day. And last but not least, she has epitheliogenesis imperfecta which covered a good portion of her body and deformed her ears. She's about 5, so the patches are mostly scar tissue, but she does have some recurring sores that will spontaneously bleed.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm meaner than my demons, and bigger than these bones; any - by Anhedonia - 11-23-2015, 12:00 AM