• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Say it ain't so

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

She straightens, ever a lady. It would not look well on her to be slouching, "Up with you then sugar." A Motherly bit of instruction, they best be off after all, because she wouldn't want to be out and about after dark. Wichita was no fighter, she never had been, once maybe she had almost been convinced she could be. That silly idea was soon forgotten after her chance encounter with Khaos, and still she would shudder at the thought. Best not think about it, she often told herself.

Not only could darkness bring danger, it also brought the cold. Without the sun to warm them, they would shiver until they were stiff, or worse.

"Ya shouldn't say things like that." She assured him at his worries. "You'll not be a bit of a bother at all. I reckon we will manage just fine, and you'll have plenty of brothers and sisters there." That much, that much was certain. Wichita's fledglings roamed the Gates, little twinkles of her eye spread across the clover meadows. All except one, and she shoved that to the back of her mind as well. Her tears had not kept Bly from leaving, and they would not bring her back either.

Wichita
    gentle southern belle of Heaven's Gates

Feel free to post in the Gates Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Say it ain't so - by Azariel - 11-20-2015, 09:32 PM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Wichita - 11-20-2015, 10:20 PM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Azariel - 11-20-2015, 10:38 PM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Wichita - 11-21-2015, 10:00 AM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Azariel - 11-21-2015, 11:08 AM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Wichita - 11-21-2015, 11:52 AM
    RE: Say it ain't so - by Azariel - 11-21-2015, 01:13 PM