• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you and I both know the ghost is me; minette & co.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

He wakes her early; he hates himself for disturbing her sleep, but each hour that passes pulls his nerves tighter and tighter. Gryffen was not there, but he could be any second. Gryffen was not there, but Magnus could feel his eyes everywhere. The buckskin stallion was not afraid to fight the Chamber’s ghost, but he had absolutely no interest in doing it in front of the mares and children. They had been exposed to enough without him turning their once home into a bloodbath. He had to get them out of there—fast.

Slowly, he descends from the sky, body slick with sweat after hours and hours of circling the herd land. Breathing heavily, nostrils flaring, he makes his way to Minette and her child and reaches down, touching her shoulder gently. “Minette,” he whispers into her ear, nudging her jaw, “we should go.” He glances up, body tense, feeling as if the white wolf would appear any second. “It’s time to leave this place behind.”

The journey is slow, he makes sure of it. From time to time, he takes off to circle around them again, extending the radius further and further, eyes straining to see any sign of Gryffen or his minions. The combination of flight and journey wears on him, especially after the night of surveillance, but he does his best to not show it, the only true sign of it the froth on his neck and the tightness of his mouth. Still, when he lands, he takes the time to talk to the fillies, check in their mothers, and offer soft-spoken words of encouragement to Minette. Words could not express just how much he was proud of her for this decision.

Still, he knew the risk she was taking—the fear she was overcoming. He did not take that lightly, and he made a promise to himself that he would do everything possible to ensure it was not in vain. He would run himself into the ground to keep her safe and sheltered from whatever else the world threw her way. So he touches his muzzle to her neck as they walk from time to time, reassuring her the choice was right.

The tightness in his chest did not subside until they reached the Gates and crossed the borders; then, he gave a low, heavy breath. “Welcome to Heaven,” he says in his honey-whiskey voice, turning to the group of them. His handsome face softens with a grin, eyes meeting those of Minette to see how she was feeling about the ordeal. To him, it was the most beautiful view in the world. Would she feel the same?

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography

@[Felinae] @[Amorette] @[Besra] @[Minette]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you and I both know the ghost is me; minette & co. - by magnus - 11-14-2015, 05:34 PM