• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

haven't you heard the phrase 'daddy knows best?' - esileif, any

I'm your Queen, you're my Ruler.

Unlike some others she has always adored her father. Maybe she was only a girl, where sons were preferred, but at least she – and some of her half-sisters – were still around. Even her two full-brothers and her mother had left. And on top of that Esileif honestly cared for her father and she just wanted him to notice her, to have his approval. All her goals are fed and driven by that sole desire and were meant to hide her insecurities. In her view getting Belgarath’s approval would be thé way to prove the world – and mostly herself – that she was worth something and it would boost her ego enormously. But right now that wasn’t the case yet.

Esileif was happy to see him again and although she tries to show the gray male a sophisticated version of herself, she cannot stop the curling of her lips. The mask falters for a second as he offers her his help. He doesn’t make it sound like that, no instead he almost demands her to explain, but to the two toned girl it doesn’t matter. By appearing like this he showed that he cared for her and now he also vowed that Esileif had to be on the winning side. ”It’s the Gates and the Valley. I got an offer to join from Magnus for the Gates and Fennick from the Valley” she answers, pausing a short moment as her blue and brown eyes meet his icy ones.

”Both let some of the war rumours slip from their lips. Yet both seem almost sure that their side is the winning one. Where Magnus didn’t want to promise me that – something about it not being in his power to claim such a thing – Fennick did guarantee me that the Valley would be on the winning side. But then Gallows showed up..” she tells him, not holding anything back. This was her father, not just somebody else, and she owes him a honest reply as he showed interest in her little dilemma. ”She joked, yet I’m sure she also meant it, that Fennick wasn’t able to think ahead further than his next meal. So could he really guarantee me that the Valley would win?” She had asked herself the same question when she had been visiting the Valley and Gallows had joined her and Fennick. Yet she still hadn’t found an answer to that question.

For a moment the bay and faint orangey white girl stays quiet, looking at the big gray male in front of her. Her head tilts a little to the side, but she never looks away. But she parts her lips to speak again before Belgarath can voice out his thoughts. ”The Gates is beautiful though, like nothing I’ve ever seen before. But the Valley’s mountains remind me of home, they make me feel at home.. According to Magnus I should be able to achieve my goals wherever I might go, whichever kingdom I chose to join..” This time she stops talking, taking a deep breath, waiting for Belgarath to reply.

Esileif

Belgarath x Alasia
    Photograph by Filmwerx Studio

Messages In This Thread
    RE: haven't you heard the phrase 'daddy knows best?' - esileif, any - by Esileif - 01-05-2016, 02:17 PM