• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; Kirin, Silver Cove crew
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

As she had suspected, it doesn’t take long for someone to approach her.  But oh that someone …

She’s momentarily bewildered as the winged lavender vision lands gracefully in front of her.  Carys isn’t usually one to put much stock in looks, but this stallion is perhaps the most handsome creature she’s ever seen.  Even more so than Mikhael, though with him it had been far more than a physical connection (her heart twinges painfully at that thought).

She shakes her head slightly, trying to clear her thoughts and focus.  She doesn’t want to be rude.

She is surprised though at the instant attraction.  She’d thought that part of her long dead.  It’s been a such a long time since she's thought about anyone in that way.  Not since she’d run into that buckskin stallion …  

But she isn’t going to think about that right now.

The lavender stallion immediately focuses in on her wings, which isn’t all that much of a surprise.  They are her most outstanding feature after all.  She is not beautiful like some of her older sisters - Fracta, Linnaea and Aena - but she has her multicoloured wings.  “Thanks.  You’ve got a pretty nice looking pair yourself.”

For some reason, an image of Hael springs unbidden to her mind.  Her darling sister-niece, with her stunning little green hummingbird wings.  She wonders how Hael is doing now.  Is she alright?  Is she safe?  What does she think of Carys abandoning her?

God she’s so easily distracted.

She pulls her focus back in on the stallion, flashing him a small smile.  “I’m Carys.”  She wonders what he’s thinking.  Is he a kingdom recruiter, trying to analyze her potential usefulness to his kingdom?  Or is he a herd stallion, trying to determine her usefulness as a broodmare?  Either way, she can’t bring herself to care all that much.  Anything is better than that dark place she was in before.  Anything is better than dragging Hael’s life down with her.

carys
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; Kirin, Silver Cove crew - by Carys - 11-11-2015, 03:48 PM