• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wicked shall receive their reward; Tiberios/Shatter Me

and I discovered that my castles stand

upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

The scent of the Gates is heavy enough on the breeze that Texas knows someone is coming, and he’s left his sentinel position in order to meet the newcomer as they arrive. He half expects it to be Nadyah (though the odds are she’d died on the way back to her kingdom) or someone here to inquire into the death of Nadyah that had been directly caused by their king’s new protocols. In either case it would probably be better for the king or queen to meet the arrival, and so Texas lurks behind the treeline for a good long while waiting for them to arrive.

Minutes pass, more than enough for them to have answered the call, and finally the bay stallion makes the decision to emerge from his hiding place where his presence has likely been hidden by both his stillness and a favorable wind. It’s a chestnut stallion rather than a roan mare, and Texas eyes him curiously as he makes his way forward.

He’d not exactly been named in the summons, but until the appointment of Tiberios, Texas had held the rank of advisor to the queen. That makes him trusted, doesn’t it? He’s inquisitive if not trusted at the very least, and he greets to tobiano stallion with a nod and blink-and-you’ll-miss-it smile. “What can I help you with?” He asks, as though being polite and helpful are truly his main reasons for answering the Gates’ horse’s call.

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wicked shall receive their reward; Tiberios/Shatter Me - by Texas - 10-19-2015, 10:22 AM