• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will always find you [any]

She finds them anyway, her meeting or not. Granted, everything that happens in the Chamber is her business, and she knows about it whether she chooses to show up or not. But this one seems mildly important, and like perhaps she can be useful in this discussion. So, this time, she actually shows up.

There’s no fanfare to her arrival. She simply slinks out of the trees as she always does, looking wild and beautiful and adorned with her crown of raven feathers. No wings today, no shifting. Just Straia. Busy trying to leash her dogs (a very specific dog, really), and also decide what else they should be doing.

Because they had started the fire. It would catch, eventually.

“Did you meet my cousin?” she says in way of greeting. “Rhy. More deadly than she looks. Like most of them.” she adds, chuckling, because it is both amusing to imagine Killdare surrounded by them (not that he couldn’t handle himself) and because it is true. They are formable enemies, and that is of course the interest.

“We gained a reputation. It’s been too long since Beqanna has run scared of the Chamber. Too long since diplomats stood on the border convinced they wouldn’t go home. Too long since anyone remembered we are here. The Gates is nothing, really. Their Queen is nothing. You are right. But they were the start of a fire. One we can watch burn, and help it along.”

“Fiasko is leverage. Or a pawn.” She was hope for the Gates. A tiny light at the end of the tunnel for them to strive for, and for the Chamber to crush. “Fiasko stays safe and unharmed if the Gates does nothing to harm us or try to get her back.  Or we can sell her to someone more interesting, if there’s anything for us to be gained from that action. Truthfully, I really don’t care what we do with her.”

Fiasko could be used as they saw fit. That’s the option she’s given them. If they had ideas, had a use, she’d let them do as they will. She promised Fiasko that they wouldn’t destroy the Gates completely if the mare stayed willingly, but she’s never made other promises. Hell, perhaps the Chamber would decide it was in their best interest to be benevolent rulers and return her to her home.

“No one is going to take your Queen. Now, or in the future. And if they can, or do, then she’s no fit Queen of the Chamber. Just saying.” She grins, playing. There were magicians that could poof her away, but they’d have to send her to hell to keep her away from the Chamber. She’d fight her way free of anywhere, unless it helped the Chamber for her to be captive. Possible. Unlikely. But possible.   “I rather like all this action though. What do you boys recommend?”

After all, she wasn’t calling all the shots. She was mostly just saying yes or no. Mostly yes, lets be real.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    I will always find you [any] - by Killdare - 10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Warship - 10-11-2015, 07:48 PM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Killdare - 10-12-2015, 08:22 AM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Straia - 10-13-2015, 02:47 PM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Erebor - 10-14-2015, 12:37 PM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Warship - 10-14-2015, 08:41 PM
    RE: I will always find you [any] - by Killdare - 10-17-2015, 08:40 AM