• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Adaline

I can see for miles, miles, miles

When she had left it had burned him, made his insides tighten with unhappiness. He had watched her slowly walk away until her glistening bones barely sparkled in the distance. Perhaps he should have gone after her and pleaded with her to stay. Her rejection had swallowed him up and he was unable to do anything except unhappily watch her go. Maybe deep down she knew what was to come. If anything she had escaped a terrible fate when the Gates had burned. Who knows what would have happened to her if the Chamberlings had found her.

After his return to the burned kingdom, after finding out what Carnage had left simmering in his veins, after realizing the danger he was to everyone around him, he goes to the Meadow. His hooves drag in the grass, he stumbles often as he can’t see out of the missing socket where his right eye had once been. Images of his claws raking Ilka’s chest play over and over again in his mind, fresh waves of guilt washing over him. Never-ending tides of an unrelenting ocean. I deserve this. I deserve all of it. But they don’t. 

He thinks of the glassy mare with her raw eyes and translucent skin and the way he had looked at her when he first saw her. He now sees that look in every horse he passes by, horror and disgust openly written on their faces. He doesn’t blame them, without looking at his reflection he knows he is a monster now. The rest of his wounds are healing but his missing eye injury refuses to do anything but become more infected and raw. He walks in a daze induced by fever, feeling hot and cold at the same time. Shivering slightly although the air is warm, he finally stops and stands forlornly in the same spot where he had first seen her. Death may be coming for him but he had one thing to say to her before it takes him completely. He only hopes she will be here, will find him before it’s too late.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    And at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Adaline - by Ledger - 10-04-2015, 03:06 PM